Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lollypops Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Need a little troubleshooting for Sony Cybershot Digital Camera
    Hi - the problem I am having is that when I turn on the camera, I do not get anything other than a white screen. I can not see the menu - just the white screen.

What is wrong and how can I fix this problem?

TIA
    speed797 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 06:20 PM
    This sounds unfortunately like the cable from the screen to the computer in the camera is either diconected or is bad. You should call sony and tell them or try taking it back to where you got it because they may switch it out for you or be able to fix it. I hope this info helps you.
    Lollypops Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2008, 04:22 AM
    Thanks for the insight. Its much appreciated.

It's not under warranty, do you think it could be costly?
    speed797 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Well unfortuneatly, going through where you got it or going to most authorized dealers will probably be around $100. It all depends on whether the place you go to is a place that charges very little for labor. If the screen needs to be replaced, which it probably will, then it may be worth it to just get a new camera. The screens are usually around $50 but installing is a pain so they charge a lot for changing it out. When I had my SLR camera fixed the labor cost around $250 for taking a screw out that had jammed the shutter. But the best way to find out is to just call around and ask authorized dealers what they would charge to fix that. Make sure they are authorized because if you have any problems with the screen that they put in it will have to have been done by an authorized dealor so they will fix it within the warranty time. Good Luck!! :) ;)
    tataabrenica Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 08:07 AM
    The auto flash not working, please teach me how to setting
    sowell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 02:04 PM
    Why do batteries die so fast when I put them in and the camera won't stay on it shuts off all the time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

File Error on Sony Cybershot Camera. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-T70 and when I go to look back at the images in my camera, a blue screen comes up saying "File Error." I went to upload the images and it says it can not be copied. Is there any way I can still get the pictures on my camera?

Sony Cybershot digital camera screen is not working [ 1 Answers ]

The screen to my Sony Cyber-shot 7.2 Mega Pixels is not working. You can not watch your videos or look at your pictures. The screen stays black. I use to squeez the screen every time the screen turns black and it will fix but now it does not fix when you squeez it and I do not have money to buy...

Buying a new digital compact camera. IXUS? Powershot? Nikon? Sony? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey everyone! As said in the tile I want to buy a new camera. A compact one. I have been lookiing at the IXUS series and think that it might sute me. But what si the difference between these? Is it worth buyng a IXUS 80 instead of a 70? Or should I go for a 860 instead?

Digital Camera Sony Finalization [ 1 Answers ]

At the end of finalizing my disc in the Sony Handycam Camera I received a disc error, all was working fine up until then. Camera is a few months old. Can I somehow retrieve the data off the disc? It won't let me unfinalize or read it from the computer. Help!

View more questions Search