Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ginarobinson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 11:08 AM
    What can I do about an unsinged custody order by judge for the past 6 years?
    About 6 years ago I was in court and the documents evidently never got signed. So the attorney general can't put me in jail until he signs the papers. I am a mother of 3. 2 live with me ages 4 and 9. I had major back surgery that that has dabilitated me for life. I have a hard time even in house hold chrees. I am a good mother and never deserved to have my child taken from me. Since then the dad has traumatized him and made him believe his Nana cut his penis. And that I let someone by the name Big Daddy hurt him. My son knew everyone by name and big daddy didn't come up till he was with his dad. This man did a terible thing mentaly to my son. Any way the AG judge couldn't put me in jail yeaterday because the document has been unsigned for the past 6 years is there a way that I can contest it or file a motion or what can I do. I really need help and I have 2 other children that will both tell what kind of mother I am a husband, a mom, friends, a step son, and a lot more people. I want my son back and away from that crazy mind minupulating man. Please help me! What can I do?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Im lost. What exactly are you asking for ? What is the paper your talking about and why are you to be arrested for it ?
    ginarobinson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 11:40 PM
    The Child support papers were never signed for the past 6 years. I am disabled and I can't pay it. Is there something I can do about that? And try to get my son back at the same time.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 11:55 PM
    Sounds complicated and that the system involving the people where you have gone to court isn't quite up to par as far as doing the job that they are supposed to be doing.

If you are in danger of being put in jail, then the first that you need to do is to be contacting an attorney. To my knowledge, I don't think that we have any attorneys here.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Just another thought...

If you let people know the location where this is happening, there might be the possibility that someone here might have an idea of the laws where this is happening. But again, I don't think that we have any attorneys who participate on this site.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ginarobinson
    About 6 years ago I was in court and the documents evidently never got signed. So the attorney general can't put me in jail til he signs the papers. I am a mother of 3. 2 live with me ages 4 and 9. I had major back surgery that that has dabilitated me for life. I have a hard time even in house hold chrees. I am a good mother and never deserved to have my child taken from me. Sinse then the dad has traumatized him and made him believe his Nana cut his penis. And that I let someone by the name Big Daddy hurt him. My son knew everyone by name and big daddy didn't come up till he was with his dad. This man did a terible thing mentaly to my son. Any way the AG judge couldn't put me in jail yeaterday because the document has been unsigned for the past 6 years is there a way that I can contest it or file a motion or what can I do. I really need help and I have 2 other children that will both tell what kind of mother I am a husband, a mom, friends, a step son, and a lot more people. I want my son back and away from that crazy mind minupulating man. Please help me! What can I do?

I don't quite understand and would need more info as well as what State you are in - ?

Okay - this is what I understand. Am I correct?

It sounds to me like your ex has custody of one child; you have custody of the other 2. Is this by Court order or agreement? Did this arrangement follow a hearing and that is the document that was never signed? Was it not signed by the Judge who issued the order OR was it some sort of document that you and your ex were supposed to sign? Were Attorneys involved?

You cannot be arrested on a non-existent Order - there must be a signed, filed Order before you can violate a signed, filed Order and reading what you have said, I don't see an Order was ever issued.

Or is this an old Order?

Yes, you can go back to Family Court (or go to Family Court or whatever it's called in your area for the first time), take your evidence and file a Motion for whatever relief you want - apparently you would like your son returned to you. However - if you are totally disabled (as you appear to be saying) I don't know that the Court will find you can properly care (financially or physically) for three children.

You can also go back and get an Order (apparently the first Order, not a modification of another Order because there is no signed Order) for support in a lesser amount.

If the child who lives with your ex is in danger you MUST report it to Children's Protective Services (or, again, whatever it is called in your area) now! That's a separate issue from the Order and pending arrest.

Sorry for all the questions but it's difficult to understand what is going on here without more info.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Just another thought...

If you let people know the location where this is happening, there might be the possibility that someone here might have an idea of the laws where this is happening. But again, I don't think that we have any attorneys who participate on this site.

Actually Attorneys do participate on this legal board as well as paraprofessionals but you don't need to be an Attorney to give advice on this question - but more info is definitely needed.

This would be a matter of State Law and/or procedure.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 8, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ginarobinson
    The Child support papers were never signed for the past 6 years. I am disabled and I can't pay it. Is there something I can do about that? And try to get my son back at the same time.
    Are you on SSI or something like that. If so then you should be able to apply for benefits for your children. That way at least something is coming in and your in a backdoor kind of way paying your CP obligation. That's something that should have been done from the start. Are the children all from the same father or is the first 2 from a different father and your ongoing dispute is with the one father one child ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No custody order [ 2 Answers ]

My question my be a little weird, but here it is: My husband and I, and our children are going on vacation and would like to visit Canada. However, after reviewing the custom's website, it suggests that you bring copies of legal documentation for custody. Here's my problem, my son's...

Filing Past Years' Taxes [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: My husband is an owner operator leased on with a company. We have to file taxes for 2004 & 2005 and needed to know what the max allowance for per diem for those years are and how to prepare and file taxes for those years for free.

How to get the past 3 years taxes? [ 7 Answers ]

My daughters father has not filed taxes in the past 3 years because he realized until he is caught up on his back child support, I receive his refund. Well I called IRS every year to report that he wasn't filing his taxes. They told me there was nothing I could do. They said nothing would be...

Incorrect SSN on W2 (for past 3 years) [ 2 Answers ]

I just discovered that the SSN my employer has for me is incorrect. The last digit in my SSN is and "8" and they show it as a "0". I have already filed my 2004 and 2005 returns. I did not notice the error and filled out the returns with my correct SSN, but attached the W2 showing the incorrect...

View more questions Search