Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    284aimee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 05:13 AM
    Entering bahamas with criminal record
    My husband and I are trying to find a place for our honeymoon and were thinking about the bahamas...
    The problem is, is that he recently has been convicted with possession of tobacco with intent of traficking... which now gives him a criminal record with a federal conviction...
    Will we have problems entering the bahamas with this kind of record??
    I have called a lot of places... everyone would give me a different # to call and by the time I made it to the last # they said simply buy the ticket and take the chance...
    But personaly I find spending 6000 for 2 tickets to the bahamas will be quite the risk to take.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 05:40 AM
    Contact an attorney
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 01:10 PM

Embassy of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas,
    2220 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20008 (202/319-2660)

Or nearest Consulate: Miami (305/373-6295) or New York (212/421-6420).
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 21, 2009, 08:39 AM

Frankly, the first thing I would do is simply apply for your passport.
    If you can obtain a passport, you can travel. Without it, you cannot legally visit the Bahamas anyway.
    aqexpert Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 07:19 AM

Don't go illegally, go legally in Bahamas because will face problem afterwords
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 17, 2011, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aqexpert View Post
    don't go illegally, go legally in Bahamas because will face problem afterwords
    Sorry, I couldn't get that link to go anywhere regarding the Bahamas. More about Jamaica but little more...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming a CPA with a Criminal Record [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on the effects of a criminal record when trying to become a CPA. I currently have 5 charges on my record. I was never convicted of any charges on my record, but they would have been felonys if I was convicted (2 of them). If anyone has any...

My criminal record [ 1 Answers ]

How would one find out what is listed on their criminal record?

Criminal Record? [ 5 Answers ]

In Toronto Canada I got the appearance notice and fingerprinted. On first appearance I was told to pay few $ to charity and after two day I was told your charge has been withdrawn/dismissed. Question: 1) Am I convicted? 2) Am I having criminal record? 3) Am I...

Criminal Record [ 1 Answers ]

I live in canada, when I was much younger I got caught shoplifting twice, two separate incidences... the first, had no consequences, I was fingerprinted and all the jazz and taken into a room and qeustioned and then I went home and that was the end of it... The second I had to do community...

View more questions Search