Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdclark14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 01:58 AM
    Is Bridgeport Bankruptcy a legit company to file Bankruptcy with
    Is Bridgeport Bankrupty online service a good company to file Bankruptcy. Are there any major reported complaints, like not filing Bankruptcy properly or at all.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 08:41 AM
    I looked over the web site, which appears to be well-constructed and informative. You could call the state bar association in your state (or, perhaps in your larger, urban area, such as the Atlanta Bar Association) and make an inquiry as to complaints from consumers. I did not review the Chapter 13 page; Chapter 13's are more complicated than Chapter 7's. While there are many similarities in cases, each one is unique, especially joint (husband and wife) cases; if a situation comes up on a hearing, or if you have to respond to a motion from a creditor or trustee, who is going to answer it on your behalf and represent you?
    jessiereneedavi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2012, 04:31 PM
    I signed up for their service and had no reason to believe that you only have 20 days from the time you pay to use the service. The site kept saying you get the reduced rate if you pay now. I did, and came back only 3 weeks later with all of my information gathered and ready and was informed that the service expired even though no service was provided other than a username and password. There is a bogus excuse at the bottom that claims that if they kept people's information on their servers longer than 20 days it would be a problem for them. So if you pay someone to use their service, I would suggest skipping this one.
    gotstoknow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 09:34 AM
    Used them twice
    2 separate family members
    Easiest legal experience ever
    Affordable fast accrate
    Court clerk and judge impressed with accuracy
    Painless stressless
    Would recommend
    Would use again
    BANKRUPTCY0731 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2013, 07:49 AM
    They messed up the paperwork for several of our clients that is why they retained our services. One client they did not even prepare the statement of financial affairs, most likely because they did not want to be listed under the payment section. Also they used both state and federal exemptions, you can't so that. They listed a debt for 12k three times increased our client's debts and the most critical error is they failed to redact the social security number, so our client's full social security number was available to the public. They can not give legal advice and Bankruptcy is a complicated matter which without the expertise of an attorney you may be creating a mess than no attorney can fix. In the end you get what you pay for, there is no subsitute for a Bankruptcy Attorney with years of experience.
    rick prater Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2013, 03:33 PM
    Bridgeport cheated me out of 149.00. Would not refund my money or provide service. I filed complaint with pay pal and they sided in favor of bridgeport. They are crooks too-stay away.
    cneely Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2016, 03:46 PM
    I can honestly say I agree with a couple of the above complements and rarely ever leave this long of a rating/consumer report!

Anyway, I've used Bridgeport twice as well, once to file chapter 7 in 2010 and again in 2013 for chapter 13, and both time were pleasantly EASY!! They were an awesome company, that helped me a great deal! In fact, I'm in need of using them again... unfortunately due to a loss of income and I need to save from losing my house from foreclosure! I've read a lot of BOGUS negative claims against Bridgeport, that pretty much sound like the people doing the complaining against Bridgeport are nothing more than BIG CRY BABIES that should've NEVER ATTEMPTED using Bridgeport, if they were to DUMB to figure out their EASY to FOLLOW instructions!! Now I can't find them online anywhere, which must the direct result of these WHINY idiots that go around ruining good companies reputations and honest very helpful services!

I can honestly say the method Bridgeport communicated was a little strange, but I'm sure it was for their own protection against getting bombarded with emails from people that clearly had no clue on how to even begin understanding Bridgeport's EASY to FOLLOW instructions! Thanks to all the NAY SAYER'S, us truly appreciative and grateful customers are left without an easy and affordable solution to filing bankruptcy! The only other solution is to file with a very UNAFFORDABLE local Attorney or get lucky and find another easy online bankruptcy filing solution!

Anyone that happens to read this that can agree or somewhat agree to what I've said and would have an alternate online solution to Bridgeport, please feel free to post it. It would be GREATLY appreciated, as my house is scheduled for a sheriff sale on March 30th 2016! I'm beyond panic stage!

I'm only back in this predicament from trying to start up my construction company again and had bad luck finding any skilled labor willing to work outside in the northern Indiana weather. So I was faced with the houses taking 2 or 3 times as long to frame, which resulted in me having to chose between paying my house payment and not pay payroll (then lose employees) or pay employees and not pay my house payment. Needless to say, I paid ungrateful employees and fell over 3 months behind on payments and defaulted my loan modification & went back into foreclosure. By the time I had 4 months worth of payments to get caught back up, my mortgage company conveniently added highly absorbent attorney fees plus late fees and the fee to bring me current was of coarse OVER TWICE what I had saved to bring current! Bottom line is, banks do not want us to keep our homes for some reason, even though I've tried! Now I'm faced with having to file chapter 13 and can't afford a conventional local attorney AND THANKS to the many WHINERS out there, I can't find BRIDGEPORT!

THANKS for ruining it for the rest of us... you unappreciative people!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2016, 07:34 PM
    A simple web search will find list after list of complaints,

Most complaints they do nothing and keep the money,
    No forms of contact such as telephone and mailing addresses.

No list of actual legal attorneys who are doing the work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to file bankruptcy? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all. I need some help on filing bankruptcy in the state of Oklahoma. I am currently divorced and most of my bad debts are with him jointly. How would I go about filing on those on behalf of me and not him? This does include a house and a car? It does not say in the divorce papers who...

Better to file bankruptcy? [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently been given notice that one of my cc companies is garnishing my wages. My credit is ruined right now (probably in the low 500's) and I have several collection accounts on my credit report. Would it be better if I just filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy? It probably wouldn't hurt my...

How often can you file bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

If I filed bankruptcy 5 years ago, can I file again. It was a chapter 7

Open a second company under bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a small business owner with IRS problems and now a creditor problem. My recievables equal both the IRS debt and the vender debt. The vender won a judgement against the company and my bank account has be levied $14,000.00. If I file for bankruptcy can I open up another company during the period...

View more questions Search