Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 11:50 PM
    Planning pregnancy
    Hello All

My husband and I have been planning to start a family next year, we are both so excited, maybe I am a little bit more, but I guess that's fine, women maternal instincts :)

Now I dream I'm pregnant or with my child at least 3 - 4 times a week, it drives me crazy.

We planned to start trying mid next year, so we can save and pay off extra bills, I know it means we could be waiting another yr or so till I fall pregnant as it hardly ever happens instantly.

Also everyone around me is falling pregnant, old school friends, good friends, and in laws!

What can I do to control my feelings?
    I wish I could fall pregnant now :(
    Rudaina123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 12:00 AM
    Try discussing it with your Husband, maybe you guys can start trying now. Other than that there really isn't much you can do, but a tip from me would be don't stress about falling pregnant all the time that only decreases your chances
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 12:20 AM
    I know and that what scares me, is me fussing and stressing about it which will decrease my chance of falling pregnant.

I would like to start trying now but my husband doesn't think it is wise as he would like to pay off abit of our mortgage by next yr and get rid of 3 of our credit cards so we are up to scratch with money by the time we start trying for a baby.

And also, mid next year we are having a wedding celebration (5 yrs) as we didn't really have a celebration when we got married, personal reasons, and we also didn't go on a honeymoon, so the plan is to have a party then go off on our honeymoon and then start trying!

Im desperate to fall pregnant :(
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 6, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Sometimes with trying for a baby things don't always happen right away, so keep that in mind as well. You two may try and get pregnant right away... or it may take some time.

In the meantime... if you guys are sure you want to wait for awhile, educate yourself, prepare yourself. Do some window shopping of things you want for your baby, make lists (less to do later), and that way you are being active about your pregnancy to come even though you are going to wait. Maybe the two of you could start playing the name game, not everyone can agree on names right away - that can take some time too.

Slowly childproof your home instead of having to do all the moving of things and safety guarding of things later. Having all of that done prior to getting pregnant could help take some of the stress off you for when you do get pregnant! : )

I would be careful about doing anything too big though, in case you have difficulty getting pregnant - know what I mean?

Hope that helps somewhat. Best of luck
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 12:03 AM
    Yes I do. Thanks a lot!
    We are being active, I'm reading a book all about planning pregnancy - the whole 9 months and after.

We also have works left to do in the house and my husband is right when he said its not wise to try now while he is still working, like painting and sanding down walls etc...

I hope it all works well for us for next year
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 7, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Well I do too.. you will be in my thoughts. You could start journaling now too - that would be one exciting build up to a pregnancy journal if you jot all your thoughts and desires of wanting that child, and - by writing it down, you are releasing some of those pent up feelings inside! ;)
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 7, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Just enjoy the planning stage! Once it happens time will float away because you'll have so much to do and the real worrying will begin! After a little time passes, you won't be so consumed with thoughts as you are right now, but its good that you have a plan and a goal for next year. Good luck in the future! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Estate Planning [ 2 Answers ]

Enhanced Life Estate Deed. Has anyone on this site ever drafted such a document. If so, can you please post.

Financial planning [ 1 Answers ]

Should financial planning models be as detailed as possible?

Planning second date. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I've been planning this for awhile now because the current circumstances seem right. Last year, I had my first date ever with T and I believe that date with that Asian girl failed miserably. We were at a mall and I did everything wrong because of the immense pressure I felt. Now I am...

401 K Planning [ 2 Answers ]

Hi ; I am from India and have been residing in Us for a year now. I was not so sure about my investments last year and people suggested not to invest in 401 K if I am not planning to stay in US permanently. I didn't and found that for 2006 my taxes were really high and decided to invest in an...

View more questions Search