Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ArnljotSkogvang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 11:23 PM
    Cold vent system does what on a oil & gas production platform?
    I wonder what is the function of a cold vent system within an oil and gas production system?
    thaon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 03:19 AM
    Cold vent is when relief flows are directed to an unignited flare (we are not going to burn it but discharge directly to atmosphere). Of course requirements of safety applied here: the flaretip must be at certain distance from the platform, the discharge flow will have to reach some minimum velocity to make sure that the hydrocarbon being discharged and the air being well mixed and have a ratio lower than the flammable limit. Those values must be verified by rigorous calculations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold Vent [ 1 Answers ]

What do you mean by Cold Vent?

Forced air blowing cold air out of one vent, warm out of others [ 1 Answers ]

We have a forced heating system and all of the rooms but one have warm air blowing out of the vents. Why would colder or cool air be blowing out of the vents in one room? Note that this room is much larger than the other bedrooms so I figured the force of the air might be split between two vents...

Can you put furniture in front of a cold air return vent? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to place a piece of furniture in front of a cold air return vent. The vent is close to the floor. There would be a gap of at least 3 inches between the vent and the back of the furniture. Would this pose any problems with the vent being able to function effectively? Thanks!

Cold air return vent [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a home recently that has gas heat. It has a crawl space not a basement. The cold air return register put our cold air. I always thought the cold air return register takes the room cold air and returns it to the heater. Am I correct and if so have do I correct it.

Horrible oder in vent system [ 1 Answers ]

We have a newly remodeled home that has a noxious odor coming out of the vent system. It is similar to a dead rat smell or urine. The odor is only present when the heat is turned on. The odor has not dissipated during the period of 1 1/2 months. What is necessary steps to eliminate orders in...

View more questions Search