Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fireandice2007 Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Sep 5, 2008, 08:35 PM
    I have studied and practiced Wicca for almost seven years.

There are a few things I want to point out... one be very careful with information you find online. Although much of it is very informative and useful, you need to remember that anyone can post almost anything on the internet. Two, Alder that is very impressive, however, I personally do not go around boasting of things, but I am not going to say that it is not possible you accomplished this. Calling down the moon, invoking a god or goddess, can result in amazing things. It all depends solely on the strength of your faith.

If you are interested in Wicca, one of the first books I ever tell anyone to read is "To Ride A Silver Broomstick" by Silver Ravenwolf. It is very easy to understand and will go over basic beliefs. She has a whole series of books that I found very useful in my early studies. I have progressed into more advance material and found that many of the other "basic" information I had looked at left quite a bit lacking.

Spells do work, but as has been pointed out before, there is much much much more to Wicca than just the spells. There is the herbal aspects, there is candle magick, there is learning of the Gods and Goddesses... and the list goes on and on. Studying Wicca simply for the power of spells with get you in trouble. The Wiccan Rede warns that whatever energy, good or bad, that you send out comes back to you times three. Basic law of Karma (for the full Wiccan Rede please see The Wiccan Rede)

Raven, I would recommend sticking mainly to books, or if there is a pagan store in your area, the store owners usually are very open and eager to teach and explain. You could also look for a mentor. At least that way you know the information you are getting is more correct than just looking it up online.

Tanya, I understand how your mind could have jumped directly to her when you found the raven on your lawn. However, it is somewhat unfair to assume. The raven is usually a messenger, unfortunately many believe that is is an evil omen. A raven does not necessarily only bring bad news. I obviously do not know the whole situation, but I just feel that I should assure that if she is truly Wiccan, and truly lives by the beliefs, she would not dare send harm your way. She could be following another form of paganism, one that is not as focused on the "light" or "white' aspects of it but could follow something darker, but as a true Wiccan, I would not even flirt with that type of magick... too dark and dangerous considering it would come back times three...
    fireandice2007 Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Sep 5, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    According to some, a spell works 10% of the time. I've had them work more frequently and was frightened by the hugely impacting results. As a result, I am very specific and cautious now.

Intent and clarity of purpose and the ability to clearly visualize the outcome helps to work the spell on a personal level. Spells can reach far beyond the personal level, having influence that you may never have thought of.

Witches keep the power "at home" by limiting spells to blessings and protections. Be careful, you are wielding the power of the universe. Never use it without the full respect it deserves. And yes, spells do work.
    Ok being new to this site I just realized there was more than one page of replies. I like the way Simone put this. I have found that a spell almost always works, but it may not give you the result you are expecting. You have to be very clear in what you want, and you have to be willing to accept whatever outcome is meant to be. Manipulative spells can cause more problems for you than they are worth. I agree with Simone, I try to keep my power "at home".

Hopefully this sheds some light on things for you.

Blessed Be
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Sep 6, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven0208
    Well, I understand that it's far more than spells. I am not looking into it for the primary use of spells. Like I said, I have been studying for a very long time. I was just wondering about that aspect of the religion, since it's the only thing I can't just look up and read about.
    Nature based religion (I'm a pagan so I don't practise spells)
    But the two are usually very close in their beliefs
    Go to a bookstore and buy a book if you are that interested
    Wicca and other nature based religions is a pretty good one-
    I think that is what it is called- I lent it out or I would go find it now
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Of course they work!

I used to see them all the time on Charmed!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 05:02 PM
    I too am interested in Wicca. I have yet to go to the library for books, but I've done some research online. It's a very interesting "religion".

To the OP, if you are interested then do your research, learn more, meet with people who are practicing Wiccans.

Good luck.
    path Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Sep 9, 2008, 11:30 AM
    A word of advice. There are a lot of people out there that call themselves "Wiccans" or "Pagans" or "Witches" who are really not. If any of them ask you to do something you are not comfortable with don't hesitate to get out. There are some sick people out there who use these "titles".
    Best of luck in your search for the right path. :o
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 9, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by path
    If any of them ask you to do something you are not comfortable with dont hesitate to get out. There are some sick people out there who use these "titles".
    Funny ! I always get that reaction when a "christian" jumps in on a topic with a list of bible texts as only support and gloze-over for his/her aggressive behaviour against anything non-christian.

Than I think : "... if any of them ask you to do something you are not comfortable with dont hesitate to get out. There are some sick people out there !!!".

And Path : I have no reason to mean you with that !

:D :rolleyes: :p :) ;) :D
    jammixmaster Posts: 282, Reputation: 15

Sep 16, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Yes our spells/rituals/rites/potions/charms and divinations do work. However I will say it is really dishonoring to our religion to only be interested in Wicca because of spells and/or magic. Wicca is much more than lighting a few candles and saying a cute nursery rhyme and hope that the "hot" guy in math class asks you to the dance. If you wish to only practice magic and cast spells then Wicca is not for you, I suggest you practice magic as a folk art and not as a religion.
    AislinnObsidian Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jammixmaster View Post
    Yes our spells/rituals/rites/potions/charms and divinations do work. However I will say it is really dishonoring to our religion to only be interested in Wicca because of spells and/or magic. Wicca is much more than lighting a few candles and saying a cute nursery rhyme and hope that the "hot" guy in math class asks you to the dance. If you wish to only practice magic and cast spells then Wicca is not for you, i suggest you practice magic as a folk art and not as a religion.
    My wording on my post was probably a little off, because it seems like a few people have assumed that I am only interested in Wicca for spells. I just want to clear up that I honestly, sincerely, am genuinely not just interested in spells. I also, would never do any kind of love spell, as you stated. I used to be a complete skeptic. I didn't believe in anything supernatural but I've had a few experiences that have told me otherwise. All I was looking for was a little imput from the community about these things. I guess I was trying to prove to myself that there was real magic out there. It's hard, going from believing one thing to completely changing your views. Since my post, I still have not done any spells, whatsoever, but am avidly studying Wicca. So I hope this proves to everyone out there that spells are not my only intent. And to everyone that gave me more information on what I was looking for, thank you. I really do appreciate it. :o

Feb 17, 2009, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AislinnObsidian View Post
    My wording on my post was probably a little off, because it seems like a few people have assumed that I am only interested in Wicca for spells. I just want to clear up that I honestly, sincerely, am genuinely not just interested in spells. I also, would never do any kind of love spell, as you stated. I used to be a complete skeptic. I didn't believe in anything supernatural but I've had a few experiences that have told me otherwise. All I was looking for was a little imput from the community about these things. I guess I was trying to prove to myself that there was real magic out there. It's hard, going from believing one thing to completely changing your views. Since my post, I still have not done any spells, whatsoever, but am avidly studying Wicca. So I hope this proves to everyone out there that spells are not my only intent. And to everyone that gave me more information on what I was looking for, thank you. I really do appreciate it. :o
    And I also apologize, I didn't realize I was logged in under a different account (I lost the password to my other one) but this is Raven0208. Again, sorry.

Feb 17, 2009, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AislinnObsidian View Post
    And I also apologize, I didn't realize I was logged in under a different account (I lost the password to my other one) but this is Raven0208. Again, sorry.
    Ok, I understand. Then I apologize for getting on your case about the spells and magic. But from how I read it, it seemed like you were only interested in the spells and magic part, and not a connection with the Goddess and God. For that I apologize.

Feb 18, 2009, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jammixmaster View Post
    Ok, I understand. Then I apologize for getting on your case about the spells and magic. But from how I read it, it seemed like you were only interested in the spells and magic part, and not a connection with the Goddess and God. For that I apologize.
    Thank you, your apology means a lot.

Feb 18, 2009, 06:17 PM

You are very welcome
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Mar 3, 2009, 04:55 PM

No
    R123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2012, 09:22 PM
    Do libraries have books regarding pagans, wiccans or any new age topics??
    ragingdarkwater Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 03:57 PM
    Spells can work whether you are Wiccan or not. There does not have to be a religious aspect to cast spells. Folk magic is practised by many and does not require any religious aspects. I am Wiccan and can say truthfully that yes, spells can and do work. They should not however, be attempted by people "just playing around" or people who just want to see if they work. If you are going to attempt to cast a spell, whether doing it religiously or not, please make sure you are doing it the proper way and for the right reasons. Harm none is a Wiccan rede but it is a good idea for all :)
    patricia333 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 05:27 AM
    Now I don't know about wiccan if we are talking about result here I know some people who will surprise you: www.lovespellslord.webs.com
    That's all I can say
    chuck2200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 02:25 PM
    Just because someone is a practitioner of wicca does not make them immune to the temptations of being human. I have learned through the years to congregate with those of similar outlooks and values while not shutting out the others. Never judge a person by the label they carry identifying their religious outlook, but rather by the character they display in their everyday life. And NEVER expect perfection from any human being, no matter what their label, views or how high their morals are. All of us succumb at times to behavior we are less than proud of and wiccans are no exception. We strive to “do no harm” and for the most part we succeed, but not always. We are, after all, human.
    kittykatsrule Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 03:32 PM
    I do practice wicca. It all depends in the spell. Like say you were doing a banishment spell for someone you needed in your life the spell wouldn't work. You can't always expect it. And some people aren't shamans... they just thank the goddess for the earth and speak to the faries... if you are interested... don't study. Just do.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Sep 18, 2012, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykatsrule View Post
    I do practice wicca. It all depends in the spell. Like say you were doing a banishment spell for someone you needed in your life the spell wouldn't work. You can't always expect it. And some people aren't shamans... they just thank the godess for the earth and speak to the faries... if you are interested... don't study. Just do.
    Sooo... practice Wicca, but don't expect it to work?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why would a wiccan dream of aliens and cats? [ 2 Answers ]

Blessed be how are you doing today? I'm steve and I had the strangest dream that I've ever come across and I'm hoping that someone out there can help me figure out what it means. I'm a Wiccan from Mississippi and it's a pleasure to meet you all. I dreamed that the world had been taken over by...

Wiccan/ Occult [ 34 Answers ]

A friend and I were having a disagreement and we're both now trying to find answers as to proof that Wiccan practices are real and work, like spells, voodoo, black magic, etc. I believe it's mind over matter - someone tells you that you're under a spell - wouldn't you - in the back of your mind be...

Love spells [ 53 Answers ]

Hi there! I wonder if love spells really work... I'm doing now a NEW MOON LOVE SPELL and it takes 12 days. I'm at the 10th day.. when should the spell work? After finishing it? Cause right now I can't see any changes yet... Please if anybody can help me..

What would you do if a family member or close friend was to tell you they were Wiccan [ 14 Answers ]

I am thinking about coming out of the "broom closet" as they say. But I'm not sure how my friends and family will take it. My husbands family is very very catholic. And my mother is a jahovas witness. I know that they would both think that I am worshiping the devil when in fact wiccans don't even...

Dizzy Spells. [ 12 Answers ]

I am 19 and female. I have never fainted in my life, or ever felt dizzy, not even fron standing for a while, but in the past week, there have been three incidences of having dizzy spells. One was in class, I was standing but my knees weren't locked. ALl of a sudden, my teacher started spinning!...

View more questions Search