Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Aug 5, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Swimming with a episiotomy
    My daughter was born 9 weeks ago and I had an episiotomy which still has not healed all the way. It's about a little over half way closed, my questions is can I go swimming in a pool with it still that open? If so would it sting really bad?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 04:14 PM
    It probably would not sting, but, you may be exposing it to infection due to bacteria in the water. I would not risk swimming just yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Episiotomy gone bad? [ 2 Answers ]

I had an episiotomy four months ago. I am having leakage during menstrual cycle even with tampon inserted. Never had had a problem like this before giving birth. Do you think my midwife did not stitch me up high enough? Also, tampon at times tends to slip down some while I am urinating. And...

Swimming during pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

During swimming water enteres my vagina and then leaks out while I am getting changed. Once, a few days before my period was due, the water had brownish period blood in it. I have just found out I am pregnant (my fourth baby) and am wondering how far inside me the water goes and if the chemicals...

Swimming [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me where do they teach swimming to kids in borivli

Okay -- Swimming. [ 1 Answers ]

This really isn't a question. I joined swim team because I like to swim, I am not thin, but definitely not fat. I have gotten so well toned and built in upper arms/calves/shoulders. This is after about 2 weeks, and the season is another 3 months. I suggest if you want a workout to really help...

Menstration and Swimming [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot get me daughter to use a tampon. She is a swimmer and now teaches swimming. I can't find any info on being in the pool with a light period. Any for sure answers out there?

View more questions Search