Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Aug 5, 2008, 03:03 PM
    How do I ftp with adobe dreamweaver?
    Okay, I know how to log onto the site I want to use, but after that, things get sticky. DW goes through a long process of looking like it is loading my pages, but when I get there, it shows my index and other pages as having 0 kb! I try re-putting those affected sites, but they will not upload. What am I doing wrong?
    WebsiteSolution Posts: 85, Reputation: 10

Aug 6, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBOPPER
    Okay, I know how to log onto the site I want to use, but after that, things get sticky. DW goes through a long process of looking like it is loading my pages, but when I get there, it shows my index and other pages as having 0 kb! I try re-putting those affected sites, but they will not upload. What am I doing wrong?
    When you setup the site in DW, I assume you ran the test to make sure you could upload -- correct?

Your webhost may require you to put files in a certain directory such as a folder named www or something like that. Read the info the web host emailed you when you purchased the account, it should tell you want directory files should be uploaded to.

As a test, try to upload one file, not in a folder and see if you can see that file
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Aug 8, 2008, 12:18 AM
    Well my server is at&t.net, formely Bellsouth. The sight was functioning properly at school, and at home. I tried to upload it to Tripod, since I had to create a site for my class project, but no dice. I tried to use my personal web space on Bell-- At&T, and ended up doing a FTP/DOS transfer. 2 hours later, and my website is online. But now I have a new problem. As part of the web design class, we had to add a video component. Again, works fine from home, and school computers. But not at my website. Welcome to Cathy's World of pets! BTW, the name on the URL is my roommate, she has the service, so no looking me up that way ;)
    I added the scripts folder, and FLVPlayer_progressive.swf, and two skins, everything that is in my root folder, and nothing works. Any ideas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dreamweaver cs3 on mac won't run [ 1 Answers ]

Just downloaded dreamweaver cs 3 to a mac - it installs fine but can't seem to run it - no error messages or similar just won't run - thanks in advance

Dreamweaver or Frontpage? [ 6 Answers ]

What do u guys think: Dreamweaver or Frontpage? Lets say for a novice. If u were to rate them out of 5??

Layers in Dreamweaver 8 [ 1 Answers ]

How do you copy layers in Dreamweaver 8?

Dreamweaver MX: ASP.NET creating art gallery [ 4 Answers ]

I am creating a web art gallery. The problem I am having at the moment is that I want to link members on the site to their gallery page. I have a page with members name on them. I want to link those names to a single gallery page. Depedning on what name I pressed on, I want the gallery page to...

View more questions Search