Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NordstromC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Ice on line to air conditioner
    I'm a new member hoping that the experts can help me.

Our home air conditioner stopped working on Saturday. When checking into the problem, we realized that the insulated line from the exterior unit was frozen all of the way to the interior unit. We shut down the air conditioner and allowed the ice to thaw. Once the unit was thawed and dry, we turned it on and it was worked for the last 3 days. We've never had this issue before, but it is unusually hot here (100+) right now. Coud that be the cause, or could it be another issue, like the freon being low?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 02:20 PM
    It's probably due to the high temp and high humidity. If it does it again, have it checked out. Don't think it's low on freon.
    hoseb2000 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Make sure your air filter is clean. A dirty air filter will cause unit to ice up:eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to rewire and extra line to the main phone line at the demarc [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot afford to pay ATT 99.00 to rewire a non-working phone jack to the demarc. How is this done? The main phone line is working.

Dark crease line in the back of neck line [ 1 Answers ]

My nephew, now an adult has a dark crease line in the back of his neck. It really bothers me because it looks like he has a necklace on from behind but I doesn't. It almost looks like a tan right in the crease of the backof his neck which I believe got there when started to gain weight. Maybe it is...

Secondary Drain Line Re-Routed to Primary Line [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just purchased a newly constructed condo, and it is a construction mess. In particular, there have been numerous leaks from the HVAC secondary drain line (which drains into an interior space), apparently because the HVAC drain lines have no slope. The builder “repaired” the HVAC...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search