Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heladoman Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Apr 13, 2006, 11:12 AM
    Linux + Canon PIXMA Photo Printer IP6210D
    Can the Canon PIXMA Photo Printer IP6210D be used with linux? :confused: CUPS? Any answers will be appretiated! :D
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2006, 04:44 AM
    I couldn't find anything about that printer and if it did or didn't work with linux. Canon had made some Linux drivers for some of the other Pixma printers
    But not for your model. If this is a printer that you already own, the best idea would be just to give it a shot. If you are thinking of buying the printer and want to check before buying it, I'd post a message on your Linux distributions forum. Someone else out there might have the same printer.
    heladoman Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Apr 16, 2006, 07:43 PM
    Great! Thanks for answering. I had'nt thought about a Linux only Forum. I will try that. Cheers!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 17, 2006, 06:38 AM
    One of the drawbacks about Linux is that hardware drivers need to be specifically written (like the old DOS days) for the device and the OS. So the mfg has to support Linux or you need to find someone who wrote a driver for it.

Which is one of the advantages of Linux. Since its open source anyone can write a driver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canon ip 3000 pixma printer head problem [ 0 Answers ]

Printer about 1 year old. The black only sporadically prints on a page. Some lines print out faintly, others not at all. The ink is 80% full, ran several cleanings and deep cleanings to no avail. I was printing several pages and this happened all of a sudden. I believe it has something to do...

Canon i850 printer help [ 1 Answers ]

I really hope someone will reply soon. My report is due tomorrow, and for some reason, my printer is printing everything five times too small, all at the upper-left hand corner! Does anyone know how to stop this and get it to print normally? I know it has something to do with the fact my dad had...

Canon S450 printer help [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Canon S450 printer and recently needed to change color ink jet. Since doing this I keep getting messages such as: Error writing to LP1 and also my printer lights are flashing. 1 green, 6 yellow, 1 green. Can anyone give me help in getting this printer going again?

Canon C755 Multipass printer [ 5 Answers ]

I'm not sure anybody can help me but here goes. My problem is with my Canon C755 Multipass printer. Whenever I try to print (either a Test print or from WordPad) I receive the following message: "To print this document a BC033 Color Cartridge is required. The device has a BC-30 cartridge/ink tank....

Epson photo 700 printer [ 6 Answers ]

I recently bought an Epson photo 700 printer. It has got the problem that it sometimes prints just a few lines of a document, then pushes the paper through and keeps pushing paper until all of it is gone. It does seem to be a software problem. I have tried all drivers I could find on the web, but...

View more questions Search