Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    outlooked Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 09:58 AM
    How to find the avg speed?(with part 2 of the question)
    I go to kumon and I have question that says... A car takes 7 hours and 50 minutes to travel 549 and 9/10(9 over 10)km. What is the average speed of the car in km per hour?

The second part to the question is how many minutes will it take the car to travel 19 and 1/5 km?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 10:06 AM
    7 hours and 50 minutes = 470 minutes. The car travels 549.9 kms in 470 minutes.

kms per minute is 549.9 divided by 470 minutes which equals 1.17 km per minute.

1.17 times 60 (minutes per hour) = 70.2

The car is traveling 70.2 km per hour.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

Variable Speed vs. Single Speed Blower [ 1 Answers ]

Questions: Getting 2 new heat pump systems installed. 1.5 ton upstairs and 4 ton downstairs. Decided on Comfortmaker. Heat Load calc performed on sizes. Going 2 stage with variable speed downstairs with Honeywell IQ Pro stat. Was going to go one stage with variable speed upstairs with...

How do I find the average speed? [ 1 Answers ]

:p how can I find the average speed I DON'T GET IT!! AHHHHHHH

Need formulas to find speed to maintain orbit [ 2 Answers ]

The earth has a mass of 5.97x10^-11kg. Sun has a mass of 2.0x10^-30. They are 93,000,000 miles apart. How fast does earth have to move to stay in orbit aroun sun? How do you solve this?

View more questions Search