Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SHELLYLQW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Work or start my own business
    I'm 24,just worked for one year and now I'm a sales person,the work that I'm doing now has nothing to do with my major.The reason why I stay is that I want to prove myself since my sales volume was not very good.I do want to do something that related to my major,e.g. foreign trading.But I have to move to another provice then.Ahhhhhh!! What can I do?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 09:45 AM
    If you are thinking about starting your own business there is a lot you need to know. First, you will need money for start up costs. Also, you will need good credit in order to get a loan. You will need to do lots of research before you choose a location for the business, set your prices, policies, business structure, etc.

You should also know that when you first open your business you will need to put ALL your time into it. Other than a few hours of sleep a night, you have to be completely dedicated to it.

You should also know that until things really get going, you might not be able to pay yourself. The money coming in will have to go first to employees, insurance, mortgage or rent, purchasing more goods, advertising, etc.

However, once you get the business going it can be very rewarding. It is great to be your own boss, make the decisions, do something that you enjoy and are proud of. Just realize that there are lots of challenges before you get to that point.

Good luck!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 11:05 PM
    Are you open to other things for a business that you could start. Depending on the type of business, it might not cost all that much for the start-up costs. Also nowadays, it seems like the majority of people look on the Internet for the kinds of services that they need. Advertising on the Internet and having one or more websites doesn't have to cost any money at all.

Most of the new business that I get for my various businesses is a result of the information that I have placed on the Internet for free! It's pretty cool!

I would like to assume that the college or university that you attended has some sort of placement or career service for people that are looking for jobs related to that in which they majored. Do they have that kind of service available?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start trucking business [ 2 Answers ]

How to start trucking business I want to do my own trucking way of business but my knowledge is not enough help me thanks god bless

How to start cleaning business [ 6 Answers ]

I want to start a cleaning service for office buildings , where do I start?

Want 2 start business in Dubai [ 3 Answers ]

To whom it may concern! I am looking forward to move in U.A.E. And want to start small business. I don't have any previous business experience. Present living in New York. My interest is in ready made clothing and accessories shop in any reasonable...

To start trading business in dubai [ 1 Answers ]

I am post graduate with organic chemistry,from india,I have worked in various phara industries in several capacities ranging from a research chemist to a production manager.I failed in a partnership company in manufacturing of plaster of paris bandage product.Now I have left india and I want to do...

Trying to start a cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

I am wanting to start a cleaning business and I need some info on now to go about doing this, like how you get bonded and insured, and what it might cost to get it up and running, and how to go about bidding on a job.should it be done by the house or by the hour.and a good way to promote the...

View more questions Search