Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    svanoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Is my thermostat malfunctioning?
    Hi, I recently bought a house with a packaged air unit outside. It is controlled by a Hunter thermostat in the center hallway of the house.

My problem is that no matter what I change the preset temp to the thermostat will run the air until it reaches the set temp, but will keep running and not drop any lower. If I lower the preset further it will lower to that temp and then keep running. It will occasionally shut off.

Also I have noticed a few times when the display temp will be below the preset and the air is still running. It also happens vice versa, when the display temp is above the preset and the air will not turn on.

I thought at first that it just couldn't cool the house fast enough, but it has no problem dropping down to a lower temp than normal when I lower the preset.

Thanks for any help.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Wouldn`t surprise me a bit,, Hunter tstats are junk, if they work at all they won`t last very long,, also check the temperature of the cool air comeing from your vents, what is the reading? Also make sure you have a clean filter,circulation is very important

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Malfunctioning Sink Sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having an issue with my sink sprayer and I can't narrow down what part might be the problem, so I'm hoping someone can help. When I squeeze the sprayer, a full spray comes out of all the holes for a fraction of a second, then the flow dies down to a dribble. This will happen as...

Shower water mixer malfunctioning! [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, Im getting the hot and cold water in the shower but not in the bathtub down. Seems like the mixer is malfunctioning as it is not rotating to a limit, I mean it looks like it's gone free. I hope I am explaining the problem properly. The mixer is supplying both hot and cold water in...

Malfunctioning garage door opener [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot find my srvice book and am having trouble with my garage door opener. It is an over head door fast opening model. It will start up and stop about a foot off the floor. Sometimes it will work perfectly. This occurs with all controls; the remotes and the wall switch. If I hold the wall...

CD ROM Malfunctioning [ 1 Answers ]

I am using Samsung CD ROM drive.For some days its tray Is not functioning properly.It is not opening after pressing the eject key.After repeated pressing it occasionally opens.But after opening the tray when I press the same key it is ejecting spontaneously just after closing and I cannot close...

View more questions Search