Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LYNNTANGERINE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 08:39 AM
    My husband is on SSA. His benefits are protected too. But I did as the post stated and called my bank to find out about writing the letter mentioned to protect my and my husband's bank account from a Writ of Attachment. The bank supervisor told me that there's nothing I can do. And you are correct in saying that the credit card org can tell what is protected and what is not so once the SSA funds hit the bank it is just funds and can be attached. If you have some other method of protection please let me know. We have 3 judgments from HSBC and we just receive a letter to investigate to determine our assets. They want tax records, bank records, and vehicle registrations. We don't have to file tax records but we did 2007 because my husband cashed in his hold ira to save the house. We have a joint bank account. Plus we have a 1999 Chevy SUV that we probably couldn't give away now because of gas prices. Please tell us our options
    LYNNTANGERINE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Being sued by HSBC
    My husband is on SSA. His benefits are protected as in a previous posting by disable woman. But I did as the post stated and called my bank to find out about writing the letter mentioned to protect my and my husband's bank account from a Writ of Attachment. The bank supervisor told me that there's nothing I can do. And you are correct in saying that the credit card org can not tell what is protected and what is not so once the SSA funds hit the bank it is just funds and can be attached. If you have some other method of protection please let me know. We have 3 judgments from HSBC and we just receive a letter to investigate to determine our assets. They want tax records, bank records, and vehicle registrations. We don't have to file tax records but we did 2007 because my husband cashed in his hold ira to save the house. We have a joint bank account. Plus we have a 1999 Chevy SUV that we probably couldn't give away now because of gas prices. Please tell us our options
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 5, 2008, 08:43 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread. I see you did start ayour own thread so I've merged the two

Go over the manager's head to the bank HQ. They should honor a letter showing that the only fiunds deposited are exempt.

If you aleady have judgements and the court has ordered you to provide fianancial records then you have to do so. But this can work to you advantages if you can show that all your income and cash assets are from exempt funds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being sued in Michigan by HSBC [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I live in Michigan and forgive me ahead of time for being naïve. It's not an excuse, but it is the reason I've fallen into the hole I'm in. :o Last August I realized I was falling behind on my credit card debt. I got involved with a Debt Consolidation program. My PROBLEM is that one of...

I'm On SSI disability And Being Sued By HSBC Credit Card Company [ 9 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone can help me on here since I feel like I'm at the end of my ropes. I'm a 53 year woman and I'm on SSI disability since the age of 18 for mental and physical disabilitiesI managed to get my credit cleared up last year and obtain a couple of credit cards one being a HSBC MasterCard....

Hsbc & phone calls [ 3 Answers ]

I am so aggrevated (pulling hair out). We have a second on our house from hsbc and owe for may 2008 payment. I have spoken with reps. On days & times letting them know that due to the shooting deaths of my 2 children I would not be making a payment at this time due to burial costs. This company...

Correct my credit report for HSBC [ 1 Answers ]

I have received a letter from my Mortgage company HSBC were my account is current and I have a letter to fax to clear this from my credit report how can I correct this

Hsbc Bank [ 16 Answers ]

My husband filed his taxes and used our children for his dependants. Well, someone used our children's ssn# and the IRS refuses to pay hsbc bank until they finish their investigation. That's understandable and is really not a problem. However, hsbc is being very ugly about the situation (We...

View more questions Search