Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zanafarm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 05:00 AM
    Outside compressor unit issue?
    I recently had water in my basement that was coming from my heat pump unit. After taking the panels off I found that the condenser overflowed into the bottom of the unit. I cleaned up the water cleared out the clog. When I turned the power back on the outside compressor fan did not work nor did I hear any other noises. The fan was dead silent, it will turn. Is there some sort of internal breaker that would cause the outside fan to turn off. The inside fan works fine and the thermostat will say it is cooling, cycle as if it is, but no cool air.
    What to do?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Check for low voltage power going to the outside unit when set for cooling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside AC condensor/compressor unit not coming on at all [ 7 Answers ]

My outside central AC condensor/compressor unit (a Lennox) is not turning on at all. When I switch on the thermostat, the blower in the basement starts running and air is coming through the vents, but the outside unit is not turning on at all, so there is no cool air. Is the likely problem a...

AC Compressor unit will not shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Here is the problem. Lets say it is 80 degrees. I turn the central air conditioner on, set at 78 degrees. The house cools down to 78 degrees. The thermostat appears to shut the blower (from the furnace) off and acts like it everything is shut off. However, the outdoor AC unit continues to run and...

Noises from Outside (compressor) Unit [ 1 Answers ]

House is cooled by two separate units, both installed 10 years ago. Recently, the larger of the two outside units will make intermittent grinding/banging/clunking sounds. When this happens the lights will flicker for the same period (could be 5 - 30 seconds). The unit still provides cooling, but...

Compressor Technical issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hello The reason for my burned out compressor was "bad contactor". Its contact fused together and causing compressor keep running when the inside unit is off. Thermo shutdown perhaps will shutdown the compressor, but since the relay contact still close, the compressor then will try to...

A/C unit won't come on, compressor OR blower [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this site, so I am not sure how this works. I woke up early this morning because I was hot, only to find out that my upstairs HVAC unit was not blowing air. I went into the attic, and the compressor is not working, so I went outside, and the blower isn't working either. I was...

View more questions Search