Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thanigaiuma Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 12:07 AM
    About connecting to database
    How can I use Microsoft access as my backend while handling forms in html?please give the source code if possible
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Hi,
    Hate to just say "you can't do that" but it is mostly true. The Access files(that's the files that it makes that end in .mdb) can be parsed for information and that info used in HTML pages. The truth is no database (program) is the back-end for a website. The files that the program creates provide the information used to generate many a webpage/website.
    You might try for a free trial download of a Microsoft product(since it is Access that you wish to use) and see where you get(Visual Studio.)
    Peace,
    crigby
    Ribbonic Plague Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2008, 03:59 PM

I agree with crigby. But why don't you just use asp or php to communicate with the database?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida DMV Database [ 1 Answers ]

Does the State of Florida allow you to peruse their DMV database to look up drivers Names?

Database [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! I would like to have some detailed information about This topic:- Specify the hardware needed to support Database system, supporting your reasoning with argument and a detailed rationale. Waiting for your reply Cheers Reetika

How do I connect to a database [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having problems connecting to my database. I have had my site working perfectly on brinkster, but when I've moved it over to my new host it doesn't work. How do I know what way I should be connecting to the database i.e. DNS-less, system DNS or file DNS etc. Could some one...

Database [ 1 Answers ]

In a database I have inputed a subform. The subform adds up totals of plants by adding Price*quantity. That is fine, the problem I have is that I want to have a box that adds up all the plants totals to give an overal price. Anyway you can help me? Thanks

View more questions Search