Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loupi01 Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2006, 09:16 PM
    Vacancy Sensors
    Hello,
    Has anyone wired a Vancancy (or Occupancy) Sensor as 3-Way switches?
    I purchased a Watt Stopper Model CW-100 Occupancy sensor for a bathroom that is on a 3-way switch. The brochure says that they are not made for 3-way switching but I think it can be done.
    Thanks
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2006, 02:45 AM
    The sensor has one black for the line input, a red for load output, a white for neutral, and a ground. How do you plan to use it as a 3 way switch? A 3 way needs two load wires.

Only way you can use it as a 3 way is to use two sensors as single pole switches.

I was unable to find a 3 way sensor made by Watt Stopper.
    loupi01 Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2006, 08:37 AM
    I found this diagram on the watt stopper internet site. What do you think?

Thanks again
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf 3-Way & Single Pole Wiring Diagram Occupancy Sensor.pdf (41.5 KB, 225 views)
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2006, 12:08 PM
    Yes that is what I was referring to , using two single pole devices in place of the 3 ways. This will work virtually the same as 3 way switches, since each sensor will turn on the lighting independently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion sensors on 3 way switch [ 5 Answers ]

First I apologize for my terminology. I have a switch a the bottom of the stairs and one at the top of the stairs. They both control the same light fixture. I think this is called a 3 way switch? My real question: I bought 2 levition motion switches that state they work with 3 way switches. The...

Pro-rated vacancy rental law (apartment) [ 4 Answers ]

Can one tenant pro-rate her rent only if all the tenants in the apartment are leaving? My sister, my roommate and I were on a month-to-month lease when we all decided to leave. Somehow my roommate managed to pro-rate her rent because she was leaving a week earlier than my sister and I. Is this...

Oxygen Sensors [ 6 Answers ]

I own a 2002 Nissan Maxima. I recently had a "service engine soon" light come on. The car has approx 49,000 miles on it. I purchased a OBDII diagnostic device which said I had a faulty O2 Sensor on "Bank 1, Sensor 2." There are 4 O2 sensors on this car. All have color coded shielding on the...

View more questions Search