Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    navotx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 03:27 PM
    MAYTAG Side-by-side Frig MZD2766GES not cooling
    Maytag Side-by-Side Refrigerator Model MZD2766GES has stopped cooling/freezing. Noticed that it wasn't making ice; checked freezer and found items starting to thaw; fresh food compartment was not cooling. Thought I could hear the compressor running, pulled frig out from wall, removed back cover to see compressor and I believe condenser. Fan was not running when I first removed cover and compressor was too hot to touch. I unplugged the power cord; waited 30secs or so and plugged back in; fan started to run, and the air blowing on the compressor cooled off that side of the compressor. Any ideas?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Probably the defrost timer switch needs replaced. It's usually the first thing that goes on a side by side.
    Deanwhruby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 08:42 AM
    Maytag MZD2766GES refrig about 9 years old. No cooling in the refrig or the freezer. Lights work so I know it is getting electricity. Doesn't seem to be making any noise at all. Is there a reset button per chance or what are the most likely problems?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fairly new Maytag side-by-side MSD2657HSE not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This is a 18month old side-by-side Maytag MSG2657HSE refrigerator. The freezer half works perfectly, but the refrigerator half has stopped cooling. Also just 2 days before this happened the following was noticied by my wife - During the day time she noticed that water was seeping out from the...

Maytag side by side not cooling properly [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2003 - 2005 maytag side by side fridge freezer that has been working quite well until about three days ago. I have done some searches and found a coupe of things to do or check. I have checked and cleaned all the lint of the lower back of the unit including the cooling coils and the fan...

Maytag side by side no longer cooling - causes are? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Maytag side by side refrig freezer, 5 to 6 years old and it is quickly losing its cooling capability. Any one have similar problems and what the possible causes are? Thanks!:confused:

Side-by side Maytag frig half not cooling [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Matag MZD2766GEW side-by-side in which the frig side quit cooling. The freezer is cold but seems to continue to run (I assume it is trying to cool the frig side without success). I hooked up an old PC cooling fan to blow into the return duct from the frig back to the freezer. The frig...

View more questions Search