Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    askbeccab Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Being famous
    Well I've always been the star child I once was a child model I love to act I've been in 4 plays I love to dance and am on both the dance And cheerleading team but I've always wanted to be a singer so I know how "being famous" is but I have no tips on being famous and/or singing can you help me out anybody.:) :D :rolleyes: ;)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by askbeccab
    Well i've always been the star child i once was a child model i love to act i've been in 4 plays i love to dance and am on both the dance And cheerleading team but i've always wanted to be a singer so i know how "being famous" is but I have no tips on being famous and/or singing can you help me out anybody.:) :D :rolleyes: ;)

There are lots of working models/actresses/singers/dancers - in comparison there are very few "stars."

If you are serious get a vocal coach who has the ability to place you in productions and connections to get other people to come and see you perform.

That leads to an agent. Call the agent you used when you were modeling - they all have connections and it's one big network.

An agent leads to membership in a union and jobs.

You can also sing any place they'll allow you to sing but that doesn't necessarily lead to a lot of exposure.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Aug 4, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    There are lots of working models/actresses/singers/dancers - in comparison there are very few "stars."

If you are serious get a vocal coach who has the ability to place you in productions and connections to get other people to come and see you perform.

That leads to an agent. Call the agent you used when you were modeling - they all have connections and it's one big network.

An agent leads to membership in a union and jobs.

You can also sing any place they'll allow you to sing but that doesn't necessarily lead to a lot of exposure.
    Great advice!
    Also a lot of people these days are getting their big break on the internet. Such as MySpace, YouTube, FaceBook and more. You can always try and start there, Best of luck!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 03:37 AM
    It's good that a person can express themselves on the Internet in various ways, but I don't really know of anyone who has gotten their "big break" via the Internet. People can advertise on those sort of sites and others like themselves might give them recognition via those sites, but producers or people who might hire you will want you to be coming in personally for an audition and really aren't spending time and the work that it takes to do go looking around the Internet looking for prospective singers or other types of potential entertainers. If you want to get into the "biz" then you need to seek out where auditions are taking place.

People that have the ability and power to hire you know that if you really want to get hired, that you will be making the efforts to come to them. If they do any recruiting where they might physically visit a place, it will be to schools or theaters where they know fine talent is being trained or displayed.

Being "famous" or a "star" are titles that are given by the nature of the definitions as being those sort of things. You could be a "star" or "famous" right around where you live. Doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be on some huge scale such as being recognized nationally. It could just mean pleasing one person because of what you did with your performance that you really loved in order to be "famous" or a "star".

If you really love what you do and aren't concerned about the fame that you will receive, but instead are more concerned that what you do really helps someone else to enjoy their life a little more, then that may be all it takes to make you a "famous" or a "star".

Since you are located in St. Louis, there should be ample opportunities for you to display whatever talents you have!

Please also see the information that is found via clicking on the following links of this site.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/entert...ry-191518.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/theate...rt-234127.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-f...rt-246093.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/h...er-246091.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/h...er-227185.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/h...er-232020.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/b...er-231793.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/h...er-229272.html
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 03:48 AM
    Below, is a quote of something that I said on one of the links above. It was an answer that I gave to someone else who wanted to go into acting. Going into singing as a career is very similar to going into acting.

Most of the time, people haven't really read my answer like I have given below and repeated things that I have said in it. I am a performing artist in music both instrumentally and vocally as well as on the stage as an actor. I know how the system works. I also have a cousin who makes his entire living performing around the country in dinner theaters.

I'm not "famous" on any sort of large level. But, I am well known around where I am in this pretty large municipality. I don't really care about being famous, I just like to enrich peoples lives with what I can do to entertain them!

I jumbled things together in the first part of it to be artistic, creative and to show that it's truly a "jungle" out there for anyone wanting to "make it" in the arts.

Practice, practice and practice what you are going to be performing in front of people. Spend money on singing and/or acting lessons and/or dancing lessons, try out for any play or musical that might call for children as actors or actresses, have parents that are willing to spend the money to send you to a special school where children can take regular school and at the same time learn to do the things to become actors or actresses or artists of other kinds - like in dance and the musical arts. Be able to pass the auditions to be accepted at those sort of schools - not everyone who goes to those kinds of schools is accepted to them, although many will try. Be willing to give up a lot of your free time as well as the time that you might want to spend with your friends in order to hone your skills in your art so that you can maybe be successful without the guarantee that you will be successful. Be in the right place at the right time so that certain people will notice what you are good at doing who can get you to where you want to go as far as a career is concerned. Be willing to audition for the part where there might be hundreds of other people auditioning for the same part that you are. Be willing to take risks that what you are going for might not work. Be willing to go through many auditions, travel, studying of scripts and very long rehearsals for performances that might only last a few minutes. Be not afraid to be seen by many, many people, maybe even millions, all at the same time. Be willing to rehearse late and get up tired in order to do exactly the same thing for many hours the next day. Be willing to wear clothes that you don't like, but that others think that by wearing them, you will be portraying the look that they want and not what you really want. Be willing to have the world look at you, and not really know the real you. Always be willing to look and act your best, even when you don't really want to and would really just rather lean back, lie down, sleep or just do your own thing rather than what others want you to do.

It ain't easy...

I don't really mean to make it all look that negative, but just wanted to give you a reality of the picture of what you don't see about the "stars" and "famous" people that we see and hear about, sometimes everyday, on the T.V. and in other types of media.

Oftentimes, the real picture behind the "smiles" of the famous people that we see, is not really the way that they are...

Although, they really might have some real satisfaction inside of themselves a lot of the time...

But, not all of the time...

But, they (or, maybe their parents) have made a choice. Oftentimes also, a person's love for doing a certain type of art, such as that in acting, dancing or music, is all it takes to motivate them to keep going at it. It might not matter if they make a lot of money or become "famous" at all. Most artists are that way.

Some people really need to be entertaining other people in order to realize their own worth and to feel as though they are contributing to the well-being of others because the others who are watching what they are doing are gaining something because of the person doing the entertaining.

A person can become famous right around where they live because of the excellent way that they do a special thing that takes a lot of work. Whether they become famous or not outside of the boundaries of where they are located is another matter. Sometimes, just being famous around where you are located is enough to inspire and make you want to keep going at the thing that you do best in whatever art you are doing in order to keep you happy.

And, it could be that the kids and their parents really love the sacrifice that it takes to achieve what they have concerning the art that is being presented, the accomplishment as well as the publicity that is received as a result of all the sacrifice they have given toward that endeavor.

If you are interested, please do read my profile. Click on my name on the left of this post and you will be able to find out what I have done in the arts.

If you love what you do, then go for it!

So, what is it that you are particularly good at now, please?
    chakarnis Posts: 55, Reputation: 0

Aug 12, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Do you want to be an entertainer or just famous? Because you can be famous just by doing something stupid. If you are talented, then you'll have no problem. Put yourself out there. If you live in L.A. or NY, then that's half the battle. Why don't you just do what you did when you were a child model? You know the drill. I say find one thing and stick to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hello can I be famous [ 6 Answers ]

:p how can I become a singer

How can I become a famous singer? [ 14 Answers ]

Hey, people, how can I become a famous singer? I've been trying for EVER! But I can't figure it out. Help?:confused:

Famous children [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, Does anyone know the name of a child that has affected history in a big way? I can just think of LInda Brown, thanks!

How do I become a famous singer? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a band and singers, but how do I start performing?? How do I become famous?:confused:

Famous scientists [ 4 Answers ]

Who are the most famous scientists of all time?

View more questions Search