Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a_silly_leo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2006, 11:25 AM
    Is It Safe?
    I want to lighten my skin not just to get lighter I have an excuse. One summer when I was in middle school I had to go to summer school and we were outside for a long period under the sun. That is when my life changed my face got pitch black dark I mean real dark but the rest of my body stayed it's same complexion which is a brown complexion. I am 20 yrs old now and my face is still the same way. I asked my mother about bleaching cream and she said don't use those products. She told me to use Ambi cream and I would like to know is it safe and good for brightning your skin to it's regular complexion. Another weird thing that I don't understand my face looks like my regular brown complexion when I am in certain places like my house but when I go outside it always goes back to the pitch black color. Kind of freaky sounding I know will someone please help me.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Apr 12, 2006, 01:32 PM
    You should always use a sunscreen EVERYDAY to stop your face from getting any darker.

Your mother told you not to use bleaching creams but Ambi is a bleaching cream because it does have the ingredient Hydroquinone.

I don't like those creams from the store because they contain mineral oil which does not lightening ingredient penetrate the skin deep enough, you only notice a slight lightening.

2% hq is pretty good amount but others don't think so because they don't notice significant lighting. That's because of the minera oil.

Lightening is safe but the main point if you are using hydroquinone is to use it for short term use ONLY and of course ALWAYS put on your sunscreen everyday to maintain your complexion.

I too seem to look darker in some light and lighter in others.
    Some women love how their makeup looks like in the department stores but when they step outside in the natural light it's a whole other story. LOL! Eeeeek!!
    halfnhalf Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2006, 02:57 PM
    Try to stay away from Hq products if you can. I'm not an expert on this issue but I tell you what, certain people or rather skin types get a whole lot darker after using Hq and there are some certain health risk attached to it.
    By the way, ambi didn't work for me,I tried it out couple of years ago. On the other hand, maybe it will work for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Godiva Safe? [ 6 Answers ]

I wanted to know if Godiva products are safe, and has anyone used them. I have used it in the past and it lighten my skin. I have a little shadow not real dark at all and it lighten it real good. I bought some more godiva products just for that purpose and just wanted to make sure it was safe...

Is it safe to assume? [ 3 Answers ]

Just so I am 100% clear.. Is it safe to assume on my compressor the black and white wire are intended to be hot, and the green ground?

No safe mode [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old Compaq desktop with 98SE on it. It keeps locking up and when I try to start in safe mode, it locks also. Any ideas on what the problem is? :confused:

MSN Messagener - Is it safe to use? [ 3 Answers ]

Is MS Messagener safe to use? Is there not potential for harm to result on my computer by using this? Or do I know have all the proper tools to stop unwanted stuff from getting on my computer - i.e.. Adware, spyware,virus protection etc etc. Any advise you can give on this topic would be most...

Safe Mode [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I know how to access "safe mode", and have used it a couple of times to correct problems, following instructions, but can someone explain please, exactly what it is? Thank you.

View more questions Search