Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dj-bri-t Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2004, 09:03 PM
    Windows Server CHMOD Equivalent?
    Hi. I'm running a server off Win 9.x and I've set up an FTP server. The only problem is I can't write to the directories. The user is set up to be able to do anything on the server, but I get a 550 Access Denied every time I try and upload. Is there a way to change the permissions on the files and folders, similar to a Unix Server?

To be a bit more specific on the FTP server, I'm running WinFTP Server 1.02 .
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2004, 08:59 AM
    I have not used Win9X in a long time - but when you right click on the folder locally, do you have a settings for permissions there?
    theguyfromoz Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2004, 07:00 PM
    You would usually set permissions for web folders from within either IIS or FrontPage Server, which ever you are using, rather than from the file manager. You need to set folder permissions for the IIS_USER from memory. And I have not done it for a long time, by the way.

TONY

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows Server 2003 Share Access [ 9 Answers ]

I am in the process of upgrading a peer to peer windows xp network environment to a windows server 2003 domain. My clients have windows xp pro with a third party program installed for point of sale and accounts receivable management. The program requires access to a network share folder housing the...

Install windows 2000 server [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I want to install windows 2000 server on a computer but on this computer was installed windows xp. I don't know to delet windows xp without format harddisk and install windows 2000 server. Plese help me

Setting up Windows Server 2003 [ 6 Answers ]

Okay I have a few questions. First is my Cable ISP gives me a Dynamic IP Address. But I would like to set up a home net work with Windows 2003 server. I would like to physically set it up this way. Modem to Router with DHCP turned off on the router, then router to server with DHCP, then...

Map home drive on a Mac environment from WIndows 2000 Server [ 0 Answers ]

Hopefully some one can help me I am using WIndows 2000 Server and have created user accounts on active directory. The lab which the user are going to access this server are using emacs running OS 10.2 & 10.3. I am trying to give user a home directory in which they can save work. -I need a...

Windows 2k server not compatile with hp2210 all I [ 1 Answers ]

After installing drivers for the hp 2210 comp does system check and says all items are a compatible except operating system, it doesn't do that with win 2k professional can't find any patches for this problem

View more questions Search