Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DEEDEE2902 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 06:51 PM
    A/C Transformer installation
    How do I install a transformer that has same voltage but different wire coloring? My old one had white, black, red, and orange on one side and had red & green on the other side, while my new transformer has white, black, red, and orange on one side and blue & yellow on the other side?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DEEDEE2902
    How do I install a transformer that has same voltage but different wire coloring? My old one had white, black, red, and orange on one side and had red & green on the other side, while my new transformer has white, black, red, and orange on one side and blue & yellow on the other side?
    You have what is called a universal transformer, it can be used to get on different voltages. Did you get instructions or is there any on the side of the transformer. My Guess is that on the old transformer the black and white were to be connected to 120 volts to get 24 volts out and the red and orange and white was to be connected to 240 volts to get 24 volts out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

24v transformer [ 4 Answers ]

How do I wire up a 24v transformer in a furnace for thermostat? What does 24v & 24vA connect to? I have a problem of fusses blowing when I turn on the furnace.:confused: How does heating transformer work?

Transformer [ 3 Answers ]

What happens inside a transformer that increases or decreases the voltage?When a transformer steps up voltages,from where it creates thes voltages?

Installation of a 24V transformer [ 1 Answers ]

I've installed an Aprilair 700 humidifier, however, in order to power my humidistat I must install a 24 V transformer. My problem is how to connect or install the transformer to an existing 110 V outlet. I would appreciate any instructiona on the installation.

Installation of Transformer wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have central heating and my Transformer has burned out. I have a new Transfomer and I'm having trouble installing it with the different types of wires. Can you please assist me with installing the correct wires into the Transformer.

View more questions Search