Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlesduran Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Air conditioning condensation
    After owning the same room air conditioner in the same place for the last three or four years, it suddenly began dripping water. The condensation is not consistent. It will condense at night or day and at times not drip water at all. Several neighbors with air conditioners never condense water and a couple do. Mystified. Charles
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Is this a window or wall unit you speak of? It is normal for these units to leak water. Apparently it must be very humid where you are lately for it to leak water.
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Aug 3, 2008, 05:31 PM
    There is a drip pan under the evaporator, whose drain holes, or pipe may be clogged with slime, fungus, or grass. Pellets or "pillows" of biocide should be left in the drain pan, to prevent this... Readily available from A.C. shops... Good luck...
    charlesduran Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    Is this a window or wall unit you speak of? It is normal for these units to leak water. Apparently it must be very humid where you are lately for it to leak water.
    Thanks for the reply. This is a window air conditioner. Perhaps you could take another shot at my post: This is the first summer it has leaked water, the climate is not really humid, S. California, it is does not consistently condense, some other air conditioners of the same make and location do not leak water but one other does, this air conditioner ran for several summers without leaking water. Thank you for any further effort. Charles
    jfraz14 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 06:28 PM
    It's nothing to worry about. The condensation is normal for any a/c unit. The atmosphere surrounding the unit (including the temperature) has a lot to do with the amount of condensation and the length or time in which it occurs. You may try moving the unit to a different window and perhaps running it on a lower setting for as much time as you can.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 07:26 PM
    Is this condensation dripping on the outside of the building or on the inside? How often do you change the filter or at least clean it? These units have a tendency to freeze over if the filter gets dirty, and then when it melts there is too much to be carried away in the normal way so it overflows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condensation [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... hope someone can help me out here. There is a massive amount of condensation on the tank of the toilet. After checking things out I realized that the water was above the fill tube causing water to constantly run. I fixed that thinking problem was solved but I still have lots of...

Too much condensation! [ 6 Answers ]

My house every winter has been gathering condensation a lot on the windows during winter. We've tried changing the temperatures in the house, and there's still condensation. Any help guys?

Excessive Condensation in Air Conditioning [ 3 Answers ]

What will cause excessive condensation in the AHU and duct system of an AC system? Presently system is saturated with water, which has leaked into duct insulation, and stands frozen due to cold weather conditions. Lennox AHU AC system in attic installation. AC unit only. Separate electric...

Condensation [ 1 Answers ]

Why there is a lot of condensation on my duct in my basement is due to low air flow or too much air flow? What can I do to solve this problem?

View more questions Search