Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lemonlime Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Transformer seems faulty
    How do I check my transformer of my oil furnace unit working fine then just quit.I tried direct wire eliminating the t-stat however no results please assist
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 3, 2008, 03:56 PM
    To check a transformer you need a multimeter. A cheap electronic display type will do fine.
    Set the meter to AC 250-400 volt range and measure the input voltage (110-220 Volt).

If there is no voltage, the problem is in the supply line of the transformer.

If there is input voltage, than check the transformer lable to see what the output voltage should be. Than measure the output voltage. If it is there, the problem is in the equipment connected to the transformer. If it is not there, the transformer is faulty.

If you need more information, contact me.

Success !

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faulty gas heater. [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: I have reported to the gas company a rotten egg smell coming from the room where my gas furnace is stored, they sent a technician out and he confirmed that there was a slight gas leak, and this happens when the furnace is on auto, and it shuts down but the valve doesn't close all the way,...

Faulty Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam: Hello, I stared a furnace that has not run in over a year. Initially it fired up fine and ran for awhile. I shut it down and did not fire anymore. The blowers were working but the igniter did not glow. I tested for low and high voltage and realized the transformer had shorted out....

Faulty wiring [ 6 Answers ]

I have a problem with wiring in the kitchen. It's a faulty switch that stops working intermittently and seems to heat up and crackle from time to time. It powers the washing machine so I really need to use it. Also there's a light on it and also I can't switch it off, the switch seems to be stuck...

Faulty lite [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I recently installed a flouresent lite fixture and after being on for ten or fifteen minutes, it shuts off. Is the ballast bad or something else going on? Thank-jb.

Faulty FSB [ 1 Answers ]

I have a server that blue screens when it starts to get into Windows Server 2003. The only perculiar thing is that it only does it when the FSB is set to 133MHz. If I turn it down to 100MHz it loads and runs fine. I am yet to try a BIOS upgrade on the motherboard as I am running a repair on the...

View more questions Search