Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baincristina Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Light duty work found
    Employer has job for me in the office light duty but I must drive 240 miles a day! On pain pills and muscle relaxers. This legal?? I was on workers comp dr said light duty
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 06:54 AM
    You need to communicate with your doctor about driving while taking medications. It is my understanding that if you are medically cleared to work and the employer has a position for you, and you do not show up, you can lose (forfeit) your WC benefits. If you are having side-effects that impact your ability to work, consult with your doc immediately.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 3, 2008, 11:44 AM
    If your doctor released you to work light duty, and they have it available, then yes you have to do it, *** IF this is your regular work place. So on a regular work dayyou drive that many miles?

Also you asked similar questions weeks ago, the answers did not change.
    So your doctor has to take away the light duy available, or you have to find a way to get to work

Aug 3, 2008, 11:51 AM
    On a regular work day I drive 5 miles I live in cape may the office they now want me is next to New York 2 and 1 half hours away
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Are you having a problem with the meds? Do some research and see if there is a warning against driving, etc. If so, report to your doctor about this and additional limitations. This sounds like a 'transfer'; it sounds to me as though the employer wants you to quit. You may need to contact the State Board of WC, or a private attorney, with regard to this development. It does not sound reasonable.

Aug 3, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Big warning on ultram its just like drinking and driving

Aug 7, 2008, 03:53 AM
    Doctor gave me note no driving on ultram. So I am good until injections work! Thanks to all who helped me
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 06:36 AM
    So you have a bit of time for convalescence, but I'm still concerned about an offer of employment 2.5 hours away. You could call the state board of worker compensation and see it someone will help you with your question. But understand that even if someone at the board told you that you didn't have to accept the offer, the employer could still terminate you, just to challenge you to a legal hearing. So, your best bet may be to locate a good WC attorney who will shed some light on your situation. That is not to say you have to sign a contract to retain the lawyer at this point.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 01:38 PM
    I would recommend that you contact whomever oversees your disability claim and advise them of the specific medications you are taking and any directions that you not drive while on them. Get your doctor involved if you must. They are trying to get out of paying your claim for disability, of course, but I've found (I have never claimed disability but have had an employer try to prevent me from collecting unemployment) that the state will generally be biased toward the employee, not the employer, for a refreshing change of pace! They will never sanction or require you to drive on the type of medications you are talking about - the liability is too great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light Switch won't work, light is burning [ 3 Answers ]

I walked into my house and turned on the kitchen overhead light. A loud electrical pop went off and the light blew. It did not blow the fuse but the light cannot be turned off now. Is the switch bad?

Ceiling fan light won't work [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I am replacing an older, noisy fan/light (which both worked) with a new, quieter one. Both the old and the new are/were set to run the light off the wall switch and the fan off the pull chain. The problem is the wiring diagram shows only one white (neutral) wire coming from the...

Hampton Bay Lighting - Upper Light Does Not Work But Low Light Does [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Fan that has a fan, upper lighting and lower lighting with a remote model UC7078T. The remote works for the fan and lower lighting but not the upper lighting. This means the remote and fan are on the same frequency. I've confirmed that the bulbs are all good. Can't find a...

View more questions Search