Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    godluvin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 04:18 AM
    Tricked and manipulated
    What are my legal and moral rights after being engaged for three years, living in Florida in his big beautiful house.. and now finding out he is selling everything and moving to Covington VA whether I go with him or not?

Fortunately for me he put my name on the Covington house and on his car.. but now he wants me to sign it back to him without compensation. He has a list of every penny he spent on me and the ring and he thinks I should just walk away with my things or go with him to VA.

I love living in FL and it was my understanding that the VA house was a vacation home. I helped him through a year of cancer treatments, and spent over three years engaged to him and now this... He crys and says he really wants me with him but is not willing to compromise and tricked me at first by saying he was down sizing and would buy me a car and house.. lies so many lies. I feel it is healthier for me to part ways with him but I want my fair share too.. I went through HELL with him.. Legally I understand that half the VA house would be mine and half his caddy but at what price.. should I make a clean break or stand up for my rights?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 04:27 AM
    But do you love him?

I hear nothing of love.

Did he break off the engagement?

It seems you are more concerned about the financial aspect of the relationship.

You need to re examine this relationship as well as your actions
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 05:23 AM
    I don't see where he tricked you. It sounds like things have changeed. He's not cheating on you nor treating you bad but wants to move. You stated he went through cancer and you helped him through it but did he tell you the reasons he want to move?

Did you help pay for the house and car? If he had brought you a house or car would you feel better since you stated he tricked and lie to you, is this what he lied to you about?

Maybe you should talk to him and if you don't want to move then don't. I curious to why he wants to move. I think you should make a clean break, I'm unsure what you mean by standing up for your rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tricked into marriage for citizenship [ 12 Answers ]

I know some one who was treated like a king, thought he was in love and was tricked into marriage. After her permanent visa came in she made false domestic violence complaints against him and is using all kinds of battered woman programs to take him for a ride. She got him kicked out of the...

Worried that I'm being tricked because on naiveness [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old girl, who met a lad aged 21 in work. We fell for each other instantly. However I have drawbacks when it comes to dating because I worry too much. I turned him down a few times as my fear got the better of me. This last time I decided to give it a go. I want to feel happy, but I'm...

Tricked yeah All.hehehe [ 11 Answers ]

It turns out that the Bush White House is going to write General Petreaus's September report on the status of the Iraq War... this whole time I thought we were going to get an Army General's report, so it would be truthful... Hehehe, Bush sure tricked me, AND I KNOW HE IS SUCH A LIAR, did he...

Manipulated tossed aside [ 8 Answers ]

I have suffered panic disorder and depression for over 22 yrs now. I just got out of an abusive relationship of 8 years, I have not contacted this man but he is making me so sad because he stopped the car as I was walking and he said (like the past 4 months we are apart never happened) "I have a...

View more questions Search