Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hels_Bells Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2004, 07:35 AM
    Iexplore not responding
    For about a month now, my computer will not open any internet explorer page unless I go via control panel, recycle bin or my docs and put the address in the bar.
    When I try to open a shortcut on it's own, computer freezes, so I do control, alt, delete and it says iexplore not responding, so I end task and then the computer freezes and 6/10 times, crashes and I have to reboot.
    Any suggestions greatly received, urgently now as I'm getting really annoyed with technology!!
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2004, 07:42 AM
    Re: iexplore not responding
    What OS are you on? Have you tried to clear the internet cache, run a scandisk / defrag & make sure that your system is up to that with critical patches from Microsoft?

May 23, 2004, 03:39 PM
    Iexplore not responding
    Hello, thank-you for helping me.
    I am using Windows 98 and Freeserve.
    I have done the first 3 things many times and I will now check and download all necessary files and updates.

Will let you know

Hels Bells

May 28, 2004, 04:28 PM
    Iexplore not responding
    Hello, I have done everything you said and I'm still having the same probem...
    Any more suggestions?

Hels Bells
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2004, 05:00 PM
    Win98 had a lot of problems. Especially with explorer. I finally gave up & upgraded. It might be something to consider. MS is getting ready to stop support Win98 soon - I think they quit supporting Win95 already.

Jun 22, 2004, 03:23 PM
    Iexplore not responding
    Hi there, problem solved... Had to delete and re partition my hard drive! Boo hoo :'(
    theguyfromoz Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2004, 07:11 PM
    Extreme solution... but if it works... hey!

TONY

PS: Must admit to having used the same solution once or twice. Always helps to have a full CD backup of the system at a point where everything is working well (usually just after you reformat and reload!). Invest in something like Norton Ghost.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer not responding [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I'm trying to switch on my PC but it just beeps and nothing is displayed. Please help me to get it working

Bureau not responding to dispute. What next? [ 3 Answers ]

So Im helping a friend clean up his credit (which I have done many times in the past) and I have run into a little problem. Experian is NOT responding to his requests. We resent the dispute certified to get a signature card showing that it was received and we got the card back showing that it was...

Iexplore not responding [ 6 Answers ]

For about a month now, my computer will not open any internet explorer page unless I go via control panel, recycle bin or my docs and put the address in the bar. When I try to open a shortcut on it's own, computer freezes, so I do control, alt, delete and it says iexplore not responding, so I end...

Page linknot responding [ 2 Answers ]

When on the Web Site: IFILM, I click on an item to be played, there is no response :-[as it usually is. In stead I receive an error message that says PAGE ERROR. The details say something about Java Script. What is wrong? IFILM help was no Help. Charles

View more questions Search