Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    niletheone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Abandonment divorce
    How can you get a divorce when husband has left country, and has warrants. Husband has been gone almost 3 years?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 06:41 AM
    The same way as if he were still here, except you will not be able to have him personally served with a copy of your petition. The law provides for service by publication in the legal newspaper.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 3, 2008, 11:45 AM
    Yes, husbands not being found is done every day, your attorney will know what to do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is abandonment? [ 2 Answers ]

I have two daughters that live w/ their mother in Indiana and I have not been able to help in money matters for a while . I have helped with clothing and other things I just haven't handed their mother money in any way in a long time.I moved to another state to get a better job so that I could help...

Abandonment and divorce. [ 2 Answers ]

I thought I had good communication with my wife. After several years of marriage she decided to move out. I pleaded for her not to leave, and for us to get counseling to save our marriage. She decided to leave and I don't know where she went off to. I have spoken with her about our Issues, and...

Divorce and Child Abandonment [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this site and I browsed through a bunch of topics pertaining to my current situation but haven't quite found what I was looking for. I'm in NY state, for those that would have answers about NYS law pertaining to my questions. My situation is this: After a year of marriage I...

Divorce and abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

I married a noncitizen. When I became pregnant he disappeared. He only has a temporary Status in this country. I want to file for divorce but cannot find him. Can I file abandonment and how long will it take to get a divorce?

Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 8 year old daugther that her real father has never seen her and I was wondering how long does it have to be before she is considered being abandon even if he is paying child support? Please help I am very confused:confused:

View more questions Search