Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 07:55 PM
    Fuel system heat failure
    I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. My problem is that when it gets very hot and humid my car will stall. I hooked up a fuel pressure gauge when it stalled and the fuel pressure read below 20. I let it cool off for about an hour and the fuel pressure read 35-40. What in my fuel system is failing because of the heat? Is it the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, fuel injectors or what?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2008, 08:17 PM
    . Change fuel filter.

. Check fuel regulator.

If the problem persists, then focus on the fuel pump.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Another possibility is vapor lock from poor fuel line routeing. You may have to insulate the lines and/or create a heat shield around them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Aerated septic system failure [ 14 Answers ]

I have a septic system that smells up the bath and yard. I have noticed it for the past couple of years and decided to get the tank pumped out and a new aerater installed.It seems worse when there is high traffic,which is common here, as this is a fishing camp.I have a 2 inch vent in the...

89 Honda CRX, possible fuel system failure? [ 5 Answers ]

Today, I was in the middle lane of a four lane highway. I was stopped at an intersection. Out of nowhere my oil and battery lights flicked on. It was almost like I had killed my car (it's a manual). I know I didn't, but I tried to start it anyway. It wouldn't start. The same lights kept coming on....

Fuel Heat & Heat Pump both on! [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: My understanding is that the Heat Pump should not function while the Fuel Heat is on... thus avoiding dangerous gas pressure buildup for the compressor. In my case, the Heat Pump remains on when the emergency heat supply turns on. The Yellow wire feeding the compressor relay remains hot...

Honda civic 1995 heating system failure? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there! My civic glacier 1343cc making all sorts of noises :( *The temp gauge has also stopped working *The fan heaters aren't warming up *The fan heater on passenger side has started to make a racket *Exhaust fumes come into car when heaters are on and car sat idle? *Strange loud...

1990 honda accord system wide failure [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord has been taken care of for its whole life but recently we had to take it out of the garage so we could put another vehicle in it and then everything went to hell... It started small, a squeaking sound coming from the steering column (Spelling?) whenever I turned the top of the...

View more questions Search