Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellamami Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 05:23 PM
    He doesn't care about me anymore!
    I was dating this guy for 3 months.. I know that isn't long but we became really close and he met my whole family and my son.Everything was going fine until he had gotten into a fight and arrested and since he is in the navy everything was at jeopardy.. He used to call me every night and text me all day long but after that he would go 5 days without calling me... and then talk to me like nothing was wrong... I ended up breaking up with him and he didn't try that hard to keep us together.. we hung out once a week later and we hooked up but it wasn't the same... 1 1/2 months went by and he ended up calling me and wanting another chance we hung out and he said he missed me but I told him I just wanted to be friends.. he really hurt me.. well I think I am in love with him and there is honestly no reason I should be but for some reason I am!when we are together he makes me feel so good but he never calls me anymore and only responds to my texts when I text him first! I feel like since I didn't accept him asking me back out 2 weeks ago that now he just is over it... I don't think I can just be friends with him and for some reason I can't get over him! I have never been in this situation where I love a guy and they don't love me back:( I told him I wish things could be the way they were and he just texted me back I know not I know me 2... doesnt ever text me first anymore but when I text him says I miss u... I AM SO CONFUSED! HELP!:confused:
    gg23 Posts: 72, Reputation: 12

Aug 2, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Well. You broke up for a reason. You are probably just missing the company. And like your post title says, he doesn't care about me anymore. So why do you?. you don't control who you fall in love with, but you sure do have a choice to fall out of love. Think with your head. Your feelings are probably just clouding your judgment. I say move on and just hope for better luck next time.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Stop texting him and don't accept any from him. Move on, he don't seem that in to you. I hope you didn't dump him thinking he would beg you to take him back??

I think you did a good call in dumping him and it seems your intincts told you to do this and you should always follow your intincts.Stop setting yourself up by thinking you can't get over him and think you can, then you can.

You don't have to be friends with him and stop expecting him to come running back to you because if he's over you, why should you care? You need to let go and focus on yourself.
    Sarah48375 Posts: 85, Reputation: 13

Aug 2, 2008, 06:01 PM
    I'm a single mom, and I have been where you are. To be honest, there are other guys out there. I had a boyfriend several years ago that was a nightmare. He didn't really care about me. He was really good to me for a long time, but when he stopped caring... he just stopped. I chased him around. I was so hurt, but I just couldn't get over it. I can't speak for you, but I was scared that I couldn't do better. He liked me, and as a single mom, guys were not beating down my door anymore. Don't get me wrong, I had my fair share of guys that wanted to sleep with me, but I wasn't looking for that. He wanted to date me and that was enough for me. It was hard for me to get over someone that I thought was a good man. Anyway, there are other guys out there. I finally got to a place where I embraced the fact that I might have to do this on my own. That's when I met my current boyfriend. I have a great boyfriend who treats me and my daughter really well. Just don't settle!
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 06:37 PM
    Hang in there!

Please read my survival guide below.
    roogirl Posts: 69, Reputation: 18

Aug 3, 2008, 03:59 AM
    My friend, he is playing games. When something is slipping from our grasp, our natural instinct is to chase it. That is why you suddenly feel 'in love' with this bloke. Whether you realise it or not, the more you text or call this guy, the more you are stroking his ego, and the more inclined he would feel to run in the other direction.

Muster all the courage you have, don't call him, text him, nothing. If you keep this up, you will come up trumps.

If you can pull this off, this is a win/win situation. If he doesn't initiate contact, too bad, at least you are on the road to recovery and open to meet someone new. If he does contact you, show him that you are happy without him, and couldn't give two hoots whether he wants to be with you or not. Now sit back with your arms folded and watch who will chase who!
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Yes indeed.

How's it going RooGirl? Did you find space and peace?
    wallawalla Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bellamami
    I was dating this guy for 3 months..I know that isn't long but we became really close and he met my whole family and my son.Everything was going fine until he had gotten into a fight and arrested and since he is in the navy everything was at jeopardy..He used to call me every night and text me all day long but after that he would go 5 days without calling me...and then talk to me like nothing was wrong...I ended up breaking up with him and he didnt try that hard to keep us together..we hung out once a week later and we hooked up but it wasnt the same...1 1/2 months went by and he ended up calling me and wanting another chance we hung out and he said he missed me but I told him I just wanted to be friends..he really hurt me..well I think I am in love with him and there is honestly no reason I should be but for some reason I am!when we are together he makes me feel so good but he never calls me anymore and only responds to my texts when I text him first!!I feel like since I didnt accept him asking me back out 2 weeks ago that now he just is over it...I dont think I can just be friends with him and for some reason i can't get over him!!I have never been in this situation where i love a guy and they dont love me back:( I told him I wish things could be the way they were and he just texted me back I know not I know me 2....doesnt ever text me first anymore but when I text him says I miss u...I AM SO CONFUSED!!HELP!:confused:
    No matter what your ex thinks about you, at the end of the day, remember that you are a good hearted individual. Whether your ex wanted that or not, it is truly his loss. We just have to keep in mind that at times you will be at the other end--giving the bad news.

It is just human nature. And for those who can see your good heart will win.

First and foremost, love those who are blood related first. As they say, blood is thicker than water. So, if you have a child, really, it doesn't matter what a guy thinks about you. It's what your kid think about you.

Hang in there. Everyone in here means well...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 3, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Why are you wasting your time, and emotion, on someone who's action say, they don't care?? Read my signature.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Aug 3, 2008, 08:10 PM
    This ex of yours is stupid. Sure, he is in the Navy but if he's arrested... his career is pretty much screwed since he doesn't go to regular civilian court; instead, he'll go to JAG (military court). Oh boy, you need to get this guy out of your life... Calls you, then leaves you in the dark, calls you once more, then disappears? It's like he is hiding from the police or something...

roogirl Posts: 69, Reputation: 18

Aug 4, 2008, 11:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123
    yes indeed.

How's it going RooGirl? Did you find space and peace?
    G'day Ash. Yes I'm good. But I understand what the asker is going through, and how terrible it feels on the inside. But there is a solution to every problem.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 05:18 AM
    Move on from this dumbace, you deserve better, it's about time you realize this
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 05:33 AM
    Listen to Tal about the priority quote! It is a great motivator
    C_Goa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2010, 01:32 AM
    Read a book called 'women who love too much'by Robin Norwood. Click this link for a free pdf ebook.
    http://free-ebook-download.org/Women-Who-Love-Too-Much.html
    You will be free of the love problems you are facing in your life and you can
    Choose the man who you really want to be with.
    Read the book twice
    Clara - India

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my boyfriend love me but not care for me anymore? [ 6 Answers ]

Right, me and my boyfriend are both 16 we've been going out for almost 3 years now and we love each other like crazy. We had a really rough patch in October/November last year as I was upset and bereaving because my dad had died. We are better now as we both really want this to work but I feel...

Care values of care workers when communicating [ 1 Answers ]

health and social care help :confused: can someone tell me how to promote anti-discrimination to recognise cultural differences to acknowledge service users personal beliefs and identities r care values of care workers when communicating in their day-to-day tasks :confused:

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

Care provider or care giver. WHAT! [ 1 Answers ]

Why in some states like the Northwest and West coast fathers are viewed has the care provider and the mother the care giver, now I now the difference so don't get all technical with me, all I'm saying isn't that view and definition a little bias and favor the mother. Us as fathers have to provide...

Depende care claim from FSA for dependent care [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I started to work in a company from last November. My FSA for dependent care was set up in Feburary( 3 months waiting period from company policy), may I claim the dependent care incurred in January? I worked full time in January in this company. Thank you.

View more questions Search