Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nxb807 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Bankruptcy & moving out of the USA
    Hi, if I file for bankruptcy and move out of the USA to Europe (The Netherlands), how will this effect me? Will the consequences of my bankruptcy effect me in the new country? My debt is around $40K.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Everyone says we are in a global economy so if you try to borrow money and a credit check is done in the USA, the bankruptcy will appear on the report.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving on but moving backwards. [ 3 Answers ]

Its been over a year since me an my man split. We were together for 7 1/2 years. I don't know where we went wrong. I remember one day waking up beside him and him showing me a ring asking me to spend the rest of my life with him an that's when everything changed. We were engaged for only 3 months...

Declare bankruptcy if moving out of country? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a Canadian moving to the U.S. and can't afford to pay my debts. My total debt is around $17,600. I need to know if I should declare bankruptcy since my credit doesn't follow me to the US (as stated to me in an email from one of the Credit bureaus here in Canada).

Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the procedue to bankruptcy and how long it last:rolleyes: :confused: Thanks willdell

Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Thank you for your replay about the foreclosure. If I have to pay the bank the difference between the sale price and what I owe in a foreclosure, What happen if I declare myself in bankrupt?

View more questions Search