Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Additional information wanted
    Referencing question https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...kv-244455.html

For my edification and any one else who might be interested. Are the calculations for Overhead versus lateral service planning the same? I believe that since the pots (transformers) are significantly different so would the power distribution planning.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2008, 12:20 PM
    What are you referring to? Voltage drop?

Aug 2, 2008, 06:18 PM
    TK,

No, I was wondering how much different Roges183's site plan would be if he went overhead versus lateral for residential or commercial Service Entry layouts.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Oh Ok. Only the conductors can be smaller in an overhead system, due to higher ampacity being in free air. The distribution equipment will be the same size/rating.

See NEC Table 310.17, I think, for free air ampacities.

The Handbook has some good info on buried conductor sizing, note the duct bank heating effect. Wire sizes get crazy.

Aug 3, 2008, 05:41 AM
    Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NFS Most Wanted [ 4 Answers ]

Helo. I have buy a NFS Collection series which many NFS inside a dvd. After install NFSMW, it says insert correct cd. I have mount a image at drive F using alcohol 120% but it still the same. Is the mds file has problem? I try to insert cd before but its no use. Can somebody help me?

Bath for Cockapoo that has recently given birth [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I have a Cockapoo that has just gave birth and she had 5 puppies. Its been 4 or 5 days now. I wanted to know if its safe to take her a bath with soap. Because I was thinking if soap would get on her nipples the puppies would suck on them and that will cause a infection to them. So when can I...

View more questions Search