Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ferchak48 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Volume icon not there?
    My volume icon in my tray is no longer there. I have no sound and can't locate any info including in my control panel. At the bottom right corner, when I open the speaker icon it says "no audio output located".

Help!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 3, 2008, 01:41 AM
    • START > CONTROL PANEL > Sound and Audio Devices
    • Click on the AUDIO tab
    • Under Sound Playback, are there any options you can changes to? The same question for Sound Recording and MIDI music playback? If there are options in there, try them.
    • If there are no options, click the HARDWARE tab - can you tell us what is listed in here for installed Sound/Audio hardware? Are there any alert symbols?

If now joy comes from working in there, try checking your Device Manager for hardware alerts
    • Right-click on My Computer
    • Click on the PROPERTIES
    • Select the HARDWARE tab and click on the
      • Right-click on My Computer
      • Click on the PROPERTIES
      • Select the HARDWARE tab and click on the Device Manager button
      • Any yellow alerts in here at all? This would indicate a device driver having trouble loading, doubleclick on any alerted items and try reinstalling/updating the drivers.
      button
    • Any yellow alerts in here at all? This would indicate a device driver having trouble loading, doubleclick on any alerted items and try reinstalling/updating the drivers.
    SamBrookes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 09:27 PM
    Wow its still not there no fair
    SamBrookes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 09:28 PM
    Noooo u guys are trickers u guys just want our volume cause it did not work liers
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBrookes View Post
    noooo u guys are trickers u guys just want our volume cause it did not work liers
    What?

Are you still having an issue?

Have you uninstalled/reinstalled drivers?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE icon issue [ 2 Answers ]

When I try to open internet explorer from the desktop using its icon the pointer shows that it's loading but after about five seconds the pointer turns back to normal and nothing happens. It does the same when I click on the IE logo on quicklaunch. My homepage never gets displayed. If I try again...

No Sound and ICON gone [ 3 Answers ]

I have done everything suggested to me and I still have NO SOUND. When I 'rolled back" as was suggested it took away my SoundMax2 and won't reinstall it, also my volume icon in the tray is gone I tried the sndvol132 no luck. I have restored to a new restore point. Bottom Line I cannot get...

Windows me lan icon [ 1 Answers ]

How to display lan connection in system tray

View more questions Search