Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ray2172 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Buying a Bicycle
    My sister is going off to college and taking her bike witch happens to be the bike I rode because mine was too small, and now I'm in need of a new one. I'm a frequent rider at least 3 times a week going 20 to 30 miles a ride, 99% on the road. I really like these hybrid bikes, I sometimes tend to go over pot holes on accident and bumps so want that extra durability. I have just bought one but don't feel its perfect for me, a $300 edgewood diamondback. My "sisters" bike is a electoshock Magna mountian bike. I need advice on what would me a good bike me.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Aug 4, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Sounds like a mountain bike with some street tires on it would be good for you if you don't want to go to a full road bike set-up. That Diamond Back should work, does it have a suspension on the front? A front fork with suspension will help if you hit those potholes or bumps.
    VolklGuy Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 02:15 PM

Don't be afraid to spend more than $300 on a bike if your riding it that often. $500 gets you a lot more than $300 and you'll more than likely have less problems due to the higher quality parts. Check out the Jamis Allegro or Coda series'. 2009 JAMIS BICYCLES® - MOUNTAIN BIKES • ROAD BIKES • STREET BIKES • COMFORT BIKES • CRUISERS • KIDS BIKES

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bicycle Tire Pressure [ 10 Answers ]

I recently bought a bike and read the tire pressure to be between 40 and 65. This seems high to me as the pressure in a car tire is around 32 psi. In any case, what pressure is best and what determines whether the pressure should be 40 or more up to 65? Thank you, Rick

Bicycle Tire [ 3 Answers ]

I have an almost new (400 mile) Michelin Erilium bicycle tire in which the wire bead separated from the side of the tire. The tire was pressurized to 112 pounds. What woulod cause this failure? :mad:

Motorized bicycle [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to determine whether to use a spindle or sprocket on my motor for my motorized bike, what's your suggestion?

Bicycle Theft [ 2 Answers ]

Here's the story. I was at a friends house at a party a couple days ago. I rode my bike there because its just a few blocks away, it's a friends house so I just put it in front of the garage so it was out of sight from the street. After the party I go outfront to go home and my bikes gone. Turns...

View more questions Search