Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissa1478 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2006, 05:36 PM
    HELP... not sure which forms I need to fill out
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a "real" job in which I received a W-2 and a second job in which I received a 1099-MISC. This is the first year I've had both of these forms and I need to know exactly what forms I need to fill out. PLEASE help!

M:confused:
    vaya Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2006, 06:14 PM
    1099 Misc goes on Schedule C as self-employment income and then is transferred on one of the 1040 forms (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040NR, 1040NR-EZ, etc.) You also need to file Schedule SE if you are a resident.

Vaya
    melissa1478 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2006, 06:24 PM
    Thanks Vaya... hopefully those are the only ones I need!

Any other suggestions or anything would be great!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 12, 2006, 08:38 AM
    Vaya's guidance is great; nothing to add!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fill in tax forms on 401k distribution [ 3 Answers ]

g'day I'm trying to fill out the 2005 tax forms. Each year I fill in a 2555EZ form as I live in Australia. I then transfer the total earned income amount to the 1040 form (it is zero as I'm now a student). Have done this for a few years and there are no problems. Last year I cashed in half...

H-1 Visa from F-1 getting back Social security and which forms to fill [ 1 Answers ]

I am hirenshukla from India currently,I am on H-1 Visa starting from October 2005 and was on OPT (F-1 Visa)from January 2005 up to September 2005 My company deducted the Social security from my from my pay during the entire year so could you please guide me how can I get that social security...

Which forms should my friend fill out for tax year 2005? [ 5 Answers ]

TaxExpert, We are in NYC. My friend worked under OPT for about 6 months in 2005 and then under H1B status. Other than 1040 and New York State income tax return, which form should she file? Thank you!

Fill a complain [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, On 24 May 2004 an exporter from the UK have shipped us a 40' FCL container of packaging films, but it happens that after arriving of this container to our port here in SYRIA we have discovered that there is a shortage in quantity of about 6500 kilos, in addition the entire quality...

View more questions Search