Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutie08 Posts: 121, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2006, 04:37 PM
    Don't know which one to choose
    OK so I'm dating my best friends ex and she swore that it didn't bother her because she was the one that told me that I should date him and I told her that if she ever had a prob with it to let me know. And so then there other day she told me that she did so then I broke up with him. Well after I did I really missed him and stuff so we talked me and my friend and she told me to go back out with him but I don't know what to do I mean I really miss him a lot but I don't want to hurt my best friend or ruin me and hers friendship anyone have an advice for me on what to do??
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Live your own life and don't make decisions based on how your friend is feeling on a bad day. She said it was okay the first time... she's not allowed to change her mind. If she does, its for her own selfish reasons. Im not saying to sabotage your friendship with her... its likely more valuable than this relationship with this boy. But she is also a young girl and unsure of what she wants in life... why are you going to base your life on what she decides she wants or doesn't want from one day to the next?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2006, 06:19 PM
    Well, when push comes to shove you can't let others run your life for you. You have to do what's right for YOU, not what's right for your best friend. If you and this guy really care for each other then it's really not fair for your best friend to come between the two of you. If, on the other hand, it's just a casual fling then it may not be worth upsetting your best friend to the point where it ruins your friendship.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 04:51 AM
    Hi, cutie,
    If you want to keep this girl as your best friend, find yourself a boyfriend that she doesn't know!
    She is being much to "wish washy" about the whole thing, and will probably change her mind many times about it.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 04:56 AM
    Well it depends really, can you give me a bit more info, like did your best friend break up with him. Did he break up with your best friend?

If you let me know the circumstances and how it all came about, I will be able to advise you in what the best course of action is.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2006, 04:03 PM
    Almost RULE #1 - not quite... never date people that your friends dated seriously. Never. Never date your frineds ex-spouses. They may play nice - but it never works out.
    Kryc Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Apr 13, 2006, 05:59 PM
    I say do what make you happy. One life is all you get so make the most of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know what I should do [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I have this guy that I had a thing for last year in April. And then he broke up with me because my mom wouldn't give hima riide home one night and he thought I lied to him but I didn't. But anyway after that we didn't talk that much till now. I was dating one of his friends for a month but...

Help please, I don't know how to compute [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I don't know if this is the right subject for this, but anyway, can please anyone help me to compute the weight in kilos or pounds of a plastic medicine bottle containing 30 capsules?thanks and id appreciate it a lot

How old till they can choose? [ 5 Answers ]

How old does a teen have to be till they can choose where they live? My daughter is 14 and she is very unhappy where she is at. She wants to come and live with me. If her dad decides not to let her come and live with me what can I do leagally? We have joint custody and they live with him.

Help choose laptop [ 4 Answers ]

I am planning to buy a laptop. What's the best processor to have for my laptop? Another question, what's the difference between a pentium M processor and a centrino processor? Thanks! :)

How to choose software package [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir or Madam, I

View more questions Search