Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cunfuzed Posts: 140, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2008, 09:54 PM
    Can both parents carry a child on their medical insurance?
    My son has been on my insurance since birth (he is 16 months old) and the doc ans staff know him well. The insurance premium was factored into support calculation that ex pays to me for my son. I think he is going to ask it be removed from the calcuatoin because he just started working and my have placed him on his coverage. Will they do that? We have agreed that I get primary physical custody and we share legal. How important is status quo in this situation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 10:20 PM
    Yes, he can ask to allow him to carry it, instead of paying for yours.

And it still keeps insurance on the child, and often though work evern better coverage, so I see no issue with why it should matter.

But as to the actual qeustin, yes there can be two policies, but only one will pay as primiary.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cunfuzed
    My son has been on my insurance since birth (he is 16 months old) and the doc ans staff know him well. The insurance premium was factored into support calculation that ex pays to me for my son. I think he is going to ask it be removed from the calcuatoin because he just started working and my have placed him on his coverage. Will they do that? We have agreed that I get primary physical custody and we share legal. How important is status quo in this situation?

I don't know where you are but in NYS if one insurance is equal in value but less expensive than the other, the Courts have been ordering that the policy which is the less expensive be in force, assuming that the pre-existing clause will not affect coverage for medical expenses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Medical Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to retire from a large corporatation where I pay monthly premiums into our medical/dental plan. When I retire at end of year - that will stop and will purchase another family policy on my own. My wife has a travel agent business (a franchise - i.e. she receives a 1099 from them). My...

Where to go when no medical insurance? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 55 year old female. I have always been employed and had health insurance. However, at the beginning of this year I lost my job as a secretary at a school. I am working at a job now that pays only one-half of what I was making and does not offer health insurance. I have qotten quotes and...

Medical insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My name is Doren , I'm student, I want to join low amount of medical insurance but I don't know how to apply, give me some informetion,

Medical insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Helo I am working in a private company. Living with 55 years old mother, wife and a kid. I heard something about medical insurance. Please tell me more about it and how this will helpful in my life. Please refer some reliable insurance company nearest to my location. I am living in bangalore,...

View more questions Search