Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MadMaxDC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Nordyne heater fuse keeps blowing.
    Problem: The 3 amp fuse on the circuit board keeps blowing out
    Symptoms: The red led light is on continuously.
    History: The fuse was blown before, but the guy who installed the unit found a short outside that was causing it. Now it appears to be something different.
    Question: "False flame or gas valve relay shorted" is apparently what the continuous red led light means. What is the remedy? I inspected the gas valve relay wires and they look fine.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 10:55 PM
    False flame or gas valve relay shorted

It is possible the gas valve is shorted but before I would call it defective I would remove the wires from the valve and replace the fuse and try it. Naturally the furnace will not fire off but with the wires disconnected it will allow you to see if the fuse blows again. If the fuse does not blow then it is probably the valve. If the fuse blows with the wires disconnected from the valve you will have to keep looking for the problem.

You can also test the valve for a internal short with a meter but that might be a bit more difficult for you unless you have a meter and know how to use it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nordyne heater [ 3 Answers ]

Indicator Light blinking twice shows pressure switch is open will not allow blower or heat to work.

Nordyne E2EB-020 Ha. Ac/Heater, having problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Nordyne Model # E2EB-020HA, SER # E2E010105593. Have had problems with this unit. Had a heating contractor come out 3 times, but still have same problem. You turn the ac on, it runs good for a while. When it cuts off, the heating coils come on and stay on, but blower does not come on....

Nordyne Heater sometimes works and sometimes fan blows cold air only? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I just move into this house and when we choose to use the Nordyne heater it sometimes works and sometimes the fan blows cold air only? I thought I would change the filter as a precaution and noticed that when we set the thermostat at say 72degrees it sounds like it is turning on but no...

Nordyne heater shuts off randomly [ 1 Answers ]

I've had someone look at my furnace, there stumped. It's a nordyne furnace, only a few years old, works great except at random times it just shuts off, usually in the middle of the night. It comes back on by just turning the thermostat off and then back on or opening the door on the front of the...

Nordyne heater fan not working right [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved into a 1991 mobile home with a heater of the same age. The furnace is a Nordyne Intertherm model MGHA 056ABFC-01 Forced air and natural gas heater. The problem is with the fan I turn the thermostat up to turn the furnace on. Once the burner heats up the fan turns on, The fan...

View more questions Search