Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schlove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Save the date card but no invite to wedding
    I received a save the date card for a wedding 6 months ago. The wedding is in 3 weeks and have not received an invitation. What should I do?:confused:
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 08:20 PM
    I would ask the couple if you can bring a date to their wedding. Sounds like they skipped a step, and might have just forgotten to send that invite your way... Unless they are sending them out really late.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 08:50 PM
    If they sent a save the date then they planned to invite you to the wedding. Maybe the invitation got lost in the mail - that does happen sometmes. Or maybe by some mistake, you got skipped when they were addressing the invitations. The bride is probably wondering why you haven't RSVP'd yet.

Do you know anyone else that was invited? When did they get their invitation?

It will be awkward, but you should call the bride or groom - whichever one you are closer to. Just explain that you completely understand if they had to cut you from the guest list, but you were wondering because of having received the save the date.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 08:51 PM
    Yup, sometimes just being straight forward can be the best approach

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bachelor Party Vs Wedding Invite [ 11 Answers ]

Hello All- I was invited to an old friends "destination" bachelor party in Costa Rica. He was my roommate from 04-06 and we were close. After he meet his now fiancé, he moved out and shunned most of his friends for her. The wedding is in August and I was not invited. He snubbed several of...

Wedding Date change [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is marrying a mititary man. Invitations mailed. Problem, Graduation date changed, which means wedding date needs to be changed. We contacted all parties involved. My question is: Since date is changed, is it proper ettiquette that invitees send gifts, due to the change. They will only...

Wedding date change [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé are huge Titans fans and we are getting married on November 11, We are leavivg for our honeymoon the same day.There is a Titans football game we want to go to on the 12th,what should we do about our wedding date.I have no proomblem moving it up one week:confused:

View more questions Search