Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidlaarng Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Air conditioning troubles
    The fan on my outside unit is blowing. However, no air is being blown out from the unit. My house cools during the night, but gets hot during the day and won't cool, regardless of the setting. No one can tell me what the problem is, just that I should spend $5000.00 to get a new system. I've lived here for 5 years and this is the first summer that I've had this issue. Some of the fins around the base of the unit are smashed because of the lawn man's weed eater. I've tried strightening them with a fin straightener and with a regular knife blade. I've cleaned the fins with a cleaner. The A/C guy sprayed water through the coils and said that it looked good. What is causing the fan to work properly without blowing any air?
    rayachi Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Never use kinfe to clean condsr or evapor coils , bad idea , your unit have a leak , if it is more than 35 % freon leak , you need to replace or repair leak in condsr assy , if it less than 35 % , a/c guy will charge unit , good luck
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 08:19 PM
    You need to try to explain in better terms just what you're a.C. system is doing. You say the
    Fan outside is blowing but no air is coming out of the unit Explain what that means also is the fan in the house blowing air, give us some info and we will try to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gfi troubles [ 2 Answers ]

I have a three wire going into a box In the box the red is for a heater the black is split into three to feed the fan and light and a outlet. In the outlet I put a gfi outlet. Now when I switch the fan switch back and forth it trips the gfi. Is this because they share the same neutral. I also...

Guy troubles! [ 11 Answers ]

I like this guy and he's new in my school. I've never talked to him and I don't think he notices me. I can't dress to impress because I go to a private school and have a uniform. What are some conver sation starters? Oh and by the way I'm in 7th grade. And I'm 13years old. I think he's nice...

Car Troubles [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Dodge Stratus. I recently put the car into the shop (7 days ago) to have the usual maintenance done on the car. I had an oil change, engine tuneup, and I also had to have some ignition wires replaced. My car silently shut off twice today and the steering wheel even locked up as I...

Cat Troubles [ 2 Answers ]

I have two male cats and I made the mistake of bring a female around them. My two males started fighting each other now all my male cats do is fight they won't be around each other and they have to stay in different rooms! They used to love each other before I brung the female into my house! What...

MSN troubles [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I've been using the same hotmail account for almost 2 years now and it's worked flawlessly up until now. I tried logging into MSN yesterday and it tells me "Signing into MSN Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Now I've read a few...

View more questions Search