Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Feet and leg cramps
    For the past week or two I have been bothered with cramps in both feet and both legs. I was hoping some one out there has had this problem in the past and has the remedy that I am looking for.
    My cramps start in one foot or one leg and by the time I can get out of bed to stretch it our I have cramps in other places or in a different foot or leg.
    I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Are you on any meds? Cholesterol meds to be exact?
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Yes I am taking a small dose of simvastatin, but I have been on that for years and the cramps just started a few weeks ago.

Thanks for answering my post.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Statins are known to cause this problem. It is a possibility, and you might want to talk to your doc about this, that there is a build up of the statin medication in your system causing this to happen. In some meds it's called a toxicity level even if it's not toxic to the body itself.

I had correctly assumed you were on a statin, but wanted to hear what you were on before I posted the name of the med. It's a common side effect, and you may have to change meds.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 07:57 PM
    To J9

Thanks for the tip about statins, I had thought of the lack of potasium (sp) or calcium or magnesium. I did some reading and saw many people had concerns about statins but others has concerns about other drugs. One site mentioned that a person taking statins should take Q 10, I have taken it in the past but not for months. I am calling for an appointment early Monday morning.
    Thanks again
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Yes it is important to take Q10 when taking statins
    European dr are required to prescribe both.

http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/coq10.htm

You might want to ask your dr if you should get more potassium too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cramps during sex [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I have sex, I end up getting terrible cramps,usually in my hips but have also gotten them in my legs and even feet. It seems like the closer I get to orgasam, the worse they get. What is going on??

Leg cramps [ 7 Answers ]

I am now 19 weeks pregnant. I have been getting leg cramps just about every night for the past 3 or 4 weeks. I talked to my doctor about adding more vitamins to my diet or doing something else to prevent the leg cramps. She said my prenatal vitamins should provide me with everything I need and the...

Cramps [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husband had unoprotected sex one week ago and about 2 days ago I started to feel sick to my stomach and very crampy what could this mean'?

Bad cramps [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get rid of really bad cramps without medicine?

Bad cramps! [ 3 Answers ]

Why do I always have such bad cramps? Its unbearable at times. I just lay on my bed and curl up and cry. I cry myself to sleep. Please give me suggestions. Good pills, home remedies, etc. :/ help greatly appreciated!:o

View more questions Search