Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fitchjinn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2006, 11:27 AM
    Underwater welder salary

Can someone tell me how much money underwater welders make in average.
    I know it's a wide range but I would like to know all the answers you come
    Up with. Or where I can find more information on the pay proceedures.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2006, 11:36 AM
    There is really no average, is it lake, river or ocean welding, if in the ocean what is the debt, Often the pay is by job not by hour.

50 to 75 K a year would be a good average.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 06:23 AM
    HI,
    From research on the web, using Google, I do agree with the previous answer of from 50,000 to 75,000, but it depends on the type of welding and where it is; as ocean or river, etc.
    Some do make upwards of 100,000.
    Best wishes.
    Silencedbear Posts: 5, Reputation: 4

Feb 19, 2008, 12:04 PM
    An average salary vs. grade index would be interesting to look at if there were one, but the truth of the matter is that salaries for welder-divers cover a wide range. We know some welder-divers earn $15,000 per year while others earn in excess of $100,000. Because the majority of welder-divers are paid on a project-by-project basis, salaries are subject to the same variables as work availability. In addition, other factors such as depth, dive method and diving environment affect pay rates. The company with whom you gain employment should be able to tell you the salary range you can expect to earn.

It is suggested that if you have no prior commercial diving experience you should attend one of the recognized commercial diving schools. Commercial dive schools vary insofar as duration of course, cost, etc., however, most offer a basic commercial diver certificate upon successful completion. The candidate may be required to pass a diving physical prior to school acceptance and in some cases a written exam. It is suggested that a dive physical be taken regardless, to avoid going through the expense of training only to later find you have a disability that prevents your entering the profession. A listing of U.S. commercial diving schools accredited by the Association of Commercial Diving Educators can be obtained by contacting: Association of Diving Contractors International (ADC), 1960 FM 1960 W., Suite 202, Houston, TX 77069; (281) 893-8388; FAX (281) 893-5118.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

HELP! Need answers for Underwater Welding! [ 7 Answers ]

Underwater Welding -Qualifications- *What type of a person do employers of this job normally hire? -Availability- *What type of orginizations employ this job title? Are these orginizations found in Minnisota, or whould I have to move? -Salary- *What does a person starting in this field earn?...

Welder Purchase [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a welder. What is the difference between and arc welder and gas or gasless welder. How are they rated? Some are capable of welding either 1/8" or 1/4". Is this based on amperage? 220v is better than 110v? Thanks, Glenn

Salary of underwater welder [ 14 Answers ]

how much does this profession earn in a year? salary and hourly rate? :confused:

Underwater welding [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much I can make as an underwater welder I heard you make $850 an h/r on a off shore rig, dive an hour and get paid for 8. that's 6800 a day. I am going to go to school for it,can I make that when I get out. Can I become a millionare?? Were is the most money?

View more questions Search