Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 11:32 AM
    Honeywell thermostat works and trane heatpump and furnace won't turn on
    When I turn on my honeywell thermostat it says its on, but the furnace and the heatpump don't don't turn on. What could the problem be?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Did this problem just start?
    Did you check all switches and circuit breakers to make sure they are on.
    If you set the thermostat to FAN ON does the fan does the indoor blower come on?

Brand and model number of thermostst and unit?

My crystal ball is broken and I cannot see the brand or model numbers from here anymore until I get it fixed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane Heatpump AC Thermostat Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'm trying to connect a Trane Weathetron Heat Pump (Model TWX724A100A1) To a Honeywell RTH 7400D Programmable Thermostat. This is a new installation, so there is no previous installation to observe the wiring from. Currently, the wires that we have from the outside unit are as...

New Thermostat, Honeywell, on old system, Trane [ 1 Answers ]

We just installed a Honeywell Thermostat on our Trane heating system/heat pump circa 1988. The system comes on for about 20 seconds, turns off, comes on again for about 20 seconds and turns off, then it will come on shortly thereafter and stay on for awhile. We had a professional hook up the...

Wiring Thermostat Honeywell 8320U to Furnace-heat pump Trane XE78+XE1000 Combo [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have the following systems, each set is functional and individually controlled by two separate Trane Weathertron BAYSTAT240 thermostats. Set 1: Trane Weathertron: BAYSTAT240 Heat side Trane XE78: TUD080C936A1 (Date: 02/1993) Cooling side Trane XE78: TXCO36C4HPB0 (date H06) Heat...

Old Trane thermostat to new Honeywell [ 1 Answers ]

Hi We are trying to install a new honeywell themostat model rth230b. Our old one is a trane baystat240 model 3aat80b1a1 problem being seven wires with no clue what colors or letters are for what?? The new thermostat seems to have five wires can this connection work and do you know the diagram...

Old Trane thermostat to new Honeywell [ 2 Answers ]

Hi We are trying to install a new honeywell themostat model rth230b. Our old one is a trane baystat240 model 3aat80b1a1 problem being seven wires with no clue what colors or letters are for what?? The new thermostat seems to have five wires can this connection work and do you know the diagram...

View more questions Search