Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mpetkovsek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2006, 09:41 AM
    Replacing bathroom faucet
    I replaced my bathroom faucet but can't get the water supply line to stop leaking on the hot water side. It's a copper pipe and the cold water side hooked back up with no problems. Please help.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 11, 2006, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mpetkovsek
    I replaced my bathroom faucet but can't get the water supply line to stop leaking on the hot water side. It's a copper pipe and the cold water side hooked back up with no problems. Please help.

In order to help we have to know what type of connection that you're attempting to hook up. Is it a compression connection? A nose cone connection? A flat washer connection? Have you tried to tighten it farther? Could it be that the nut's cross threaded on the faucet. We'll wait on your reply. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a bathroom vanity light [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing a bathroom vanity light and would like the replacement to also have an electrical outlet since there is none in this 1960ish bathroom. Do they make these anymore? If not, in what other way could I get both a light and an electrical outlet in the bathroom? Thanks

Replacing top-mount compression faucet. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi: I am going to try (first-ever attempt) to replace my top-mount compression faucet (4" Centerset) in the bathroom sink. Anybody have a good set of instructions and/or tips? I have already sprayed WD-40 to the lock nuts under the sink since they are extremely rusted... planning on keeping...

No hot water in shower after replacing faucet [ 1 Answers ]

We just replaced the faucet for the shower in our bathroom (no tub, only shower). Water turns on & off fine & the pressure is good. However, when we turn the knob to the left (hot), we do not get hot water after this replacement. As we only replaced the faucet, we can't figure out why. Any...

Replacing vanity faucet nightmare! [ 8 Answers ]

I started thinking I could replace the faucets easily. Instructions were to shut off water from the shut off valve. I thought I closed both but still had hot water coming through. (This was last Saturday). We were home most of Sunday and Monday morning but then went out of town. We returned...

Replacing a bathroom in a basement [ 4 Answers ]

Okay after 7 years in my house I am finally re-doing my basement. It was finished but the previous owner didn't think the project out very well and he cut a lot of corners. It's taken me several months but I have completely removed everything he did. I assumed the plumbing was roughed in but...

View more questions Search