Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 12:05 AM
    American civil war?
    I was told that it's highly possible that the USA will begin a civil war within the next ten years.

I do not agree with this. I do not disagree with it. Just wondering what you all think about this idea.

Supposedly it is connected to both illegal and legal immigration.

What would cause it to happen? Is it totally far-fetched?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 12:15 AM
    I think that we'll have a divided nation... but... what else is new? As far as a civil war, where real battles take place, where the country divides into two sides of the war and start shooting at one another... I highly doubt this. Not saying that the US is above all that, but I feel that due to the way that our nation is structured, I feel that it'd be really hard to start a civil war.

Now that we're armed to the teeth with such high tech weapons, I feel that it'll be such a devastating effect that no one will even think about crossing that line.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 04:09 PM
    Thank You. Does anyone else have an opinion?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2008, 04:14 AM
    No I don't think so . The political divide is no worse now than it ever was ;and there is no irreconsilable differences to deal with. Also another factor is that the differences in the country are ideological and there is no clear territorial divide where sectionalism would be a factor.

Supposedly it is connected to both illegal and legal immigration.
    I will amend my initial comments to say that there are some groups that think that the Southwest United States rightly belong to Mexico and would if possible return that area to a greater "Atzlan"(MEChA;La Raza etc. ) .
    Aztlán - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However I do not think that this goal is shared by the majority of the immigrants or illegals .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American civil war [ 19 Answers ]

Thoughts on this issue... was the civil war caused solely by the contrasting views over slavery?

Civil Law [ 3 Answers ]

Can a lawsuit be filed against a person and a judgement entered without the defendant's knowledge? We received no summons or any court documents. If not, where do we go from here?

American civil war [ 2 Answers ]

What battle strarted because some of lees troops went looking for shoes What was the first major battle of 1863

Civil War [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I have a question about the civil war... In mid-1863 the Union gained control of the entire length of the Mississippi River. What strategic advantage did this give the Union? Help Please

African American History after the civil war [ 1 Answers ]

I got a couple of questions... ;D 1. What was presidential reconsturction? What policies concerning Freedmen are most associated with it? 2. What was congressional reconstruction? What are the greatest and/or enduring accomplishments of this era? 3. What were the black codes? 4. What...

View more questions Search