Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinsmommy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Thyroid, possible to be one side hyper the other hypo?
    I recently had a natural body scan, and was told that thyroid on one side was hyper and the other side was hypo (I think that is what the two conditions are called). They sold me suppliments, and after about 3 weeks of them, one side of my neck hurts. Went to Dr today to check it out, they are going to do an ultrasound next week to see if it is thyroid or lymph related. The Dr told me that it is not possible to have one side hyper and the other hypo, as thyroid does not work that way.
    I am at a loss in my search for the answer. Is it possible, and if so, what is the best treatment of this?
    Thanks so much for any and all insight.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 10:11 PM
    I have to ask..

What is a "natural body scan"? Is it one of those health vitamin herb stores?

Yes, your doctor is right... your thyroid works together. I think the health store screwed you over in order to sell you some supplements.

I suggest you wait until your ultrasound to see what's going on with your thyroid.

Best.
    twinsmommy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsmommy
    I recently had a natural body scan, and was told that thyroid on one side was hyper and the other side was hypo (I think that is what the two conditions are called). They sold me suppliments, and after about 3 weeks of them, one side of my neck hurts. Went to Dr today to check it out, they are going to do an ultrasound next week to see if it is thyroid or lymph related. The Dr told me that it is not possible to have one side hyper and the other hypo, as thyroid does not work that way.
    I am at a loss in my search for the answer. Is it possible, and if so, what is the best treatment of this?
    Thanks so much for any and all insight.
    The body scan uses electricity on nerve ending spots on your hands and feet, and sends a signal through the body. It then tells the machine, depending on how fast and easily it returns from its' path, if there are issues in different areas of your body... the way I was told anyhow.
    Thanks for the quick response, and the straight forward thoughts. I felt duped, but others have benefited from this lady, and I figured I'd give it a shot. Now, I guess I will wait it out until next week. Thanks again!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Ah, I see...

... yeah, to be honest, it doesn't sound medically logical in any way at all.

Hope it didn't cost very much. Yikes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hyper link [ 1 Answers ]

:) G'Day :) Could someone explain , in SIMPLE terms what is a hyper link?? Age may not be a barrier but at times it is quite a large obstacle!! Blessings Miykle

Thyroid - Hyper or Hypo [ 4 Answers ]

:o I am a 49 yo wf who has been experiencing weight gain, dry skin, joint pain and thinning hair. I have had spinal, hip and hand surgery due to an accident in the last 2 years. Other than that, no other physical trauma or changes in medication. My physcian order a thyroid panel which came back...

Hyper- Reality & Big Brother [ 1 Answers ]

In chapel the other day, they showed this video about "Hyper-Reality". It says that hyper reality is the false perfection, the unfullfilled promises of advertising, the media, and comercial goods. All manipulated to their own ends by the media, and the comercial advertisers, even the government....

Kenmore Elite not cooling refrigerator side or side by side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 53609202 side-by-side. The freezer is working fine, the air flow into the freezer is working, the fan is on. There is another fan in the bottom rear that is also on. There is nothing in the refrigerator to block the vents. There is a little frost on the rear panel...

Hypo and hyper thyroidism [ 1 Answers ]

How do physical conditions such as hypo and hyper thyroidism contribute to substance dependence?

View more questions Search