ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Glad you're not my neighbor.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    eh. works on some people. doesn't work for some.

Personally, black nail polish doesn't really work on me...perhaps it's because I'm a guy...or because I just don't wear the right jeans. who knows?

ps - this "being feminine thing" is kinda...weird. can I stop now? can I go eat some red meat and start hammering stuff around my apartment?
    No you can't stop now
    I sneeze I have seen goth guys wear black nail polish. Trick is black jeans, black tee shirt, black leather blues brothers leather coat and hat and the gauge earring that stretches your ear lobe
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 02:24 PM
    ... goth? You're kidding, right?

... I... um... don't do... goth.

I wear a lot of black or gray... but... it's more BR... armani... express...

... yeah...

... come to think of it... I kind of understand where people might get the impression that I may be gay.

... hm. Go figure.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Aug 1, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Why do you think it's weird?
    Maybe weird is too strong of a word, but I think it is not a very happy color. So it surprises me to see relatively "happy looking" woman sporting the black polish. Does it represent something? Is there a reason for it? Where did it originate?
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Aug 1, 2008, 02:51 PM
    You know like the french manicure is clean and fresh looking. Very Classy in my opinion perhaps even at the right length elegant. Can it be trashy too, at the wrong length yes.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Black can be very classy if worn with the right outfit so I wouldn't consider it a 'gloom' color.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat
    Maybe weird is too strong of a word, but I think it is not a very happy color. so it surprises me to see relatively "happy looking" woman sporting the black polish. Does it represent something? Is there a reason for it? Where did it originate?
    Wearing black nail polish doesn't mean that someone is depressed or unhappy. That's ridiculous. It represents fashion and what color we want our nails to be. It's not like a mood ring.
    Thomaslover_C Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Well, It's like how red use to be in fashion classified as "Sexy" But now Black is kinda like the new "sexy" But, I love black nailpolish. I think It looks cute :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black Nail Polish [ 9 Answers ]

Hello there, I have a question that I have asked many people, and depending on the person, they respond differently. This is purely opinion apparently. Do you think black nail polish is tacky or classy? I mean nice manicured nails painted black. No chipping polish or bitten nails. ...

Nail polish [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter has a short black and white trim dress for prom. Turquoise open toe shoes and matching jewelry to shoes. What color nail polish/lipstick would look best with this?

90's Movie Cover black and white hands clasped, one with red nail polish [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 19 years old now and I huge movie fanatic. I remember walking through the video store as a child and seeing this movie box with the picture of a black and white hand clasped on the cover. I think one hand had red nail polish, I was just trying to figure out what movie that was if anyone...

Choosing lipstich & nail polish [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have an outfit for the wedding I spoke about previously. I have a (metallic) gold skirt and a black top. Now I'm wondering how to choose the correct color lipstick and nail polish. I am 56 years old, so I'm not a teenager. LOL I'd appreciate any suggestions! Cubfan23

View more questions Search