Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cooleone2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2006, 01:18 AM
    Probation Question
    Here is my situation. I was placed on probation in 1999 for 1 year. 3 months in I developed cancer with a tumor in my brain that causes memory loss and other problems. I still saw my P.O. for a few more months, then just forgot almost my entire life for about 7 months... Then moved to another state with family that takes care of me. The thing is... I haven't been to my p.o.'s office in like 6 years.. What is the possability that I have a warrant out for me now? The charge was unauthorized use of a vehicle from 1989. I committed no other crimes in the 10 years between the charge and the arrest so I got a year Probation... but after all this time and I'm recovering.. is it possible that I could be going to jail someday soon... scared to call the PO because I really don't want to go to jail. I am 41, have a job and a family... any advice?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2006, 06:09 AM
    First who was the probation though, a private probation company or though a state and/or county probation officer.

If you truly had this medical condition and it can be proved ( have the doctor come to court and testify to this condition) then you need to clear it up. Go hire an attorney, let him look into it foryou to see if there is a warrant. He would work out letting you turn yourself in, already have bail set so you don't have to spend time in jail till the court hearing.

Then you go to the hearing, if you have good proof, most likely there would be no problem. ( my opinion anyway)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 09:55 AM
    If it was a Misdemeanor, most states drop the warrant after two to three years, the length of time you would be on probation. If it were a driving offense and they suspended your license, then you would still have issues with that state's Department of Transportation. That would be in the form of reinstatement fees. That would mean that your license is still suspended. So, barring any license suspension and the nature of the case, a misdemeanor, I suspect they, as well as you, have forgotten who you are!:D Just call them and see if you owe them money, after all, that's really all any court system is interested in, show me the money. Remember, the system is operated by lawyers... need I say more?:eek: Oh, one more thing, if they tell you that you have to come in person to pay, then you probably have a warrant still. In that case, bring enough money to pay your old fines and fees because that will probably be the exact amout of your bond.
    This message may not be related to anything other than the secret, encoded instructions on how to take over the world. Drop your remote control and follow me. No! You may not bring your Game Boy along!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Law [ 11 Answers ]

My husband has gotten the probation officer from hell and I should know because even I have been threatened by this woman and I am the supposed victim. He and I both want him to just fulfill the terms of his probation and get on with our lives but within ethical reason. My husband works between...

On probation as of feb 1st I have question,can I leave state for a college visit ? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: HELP!! OK I've been placed on probation for the next 3 yrs of my life.this is my first offense.I'm 21.I am scheduled to go to Arizona in march for 3 days for college campus visits.I live in ny.What are my chances of getting to leave state?My probation officer said "it's going to be...

Probation and a job [ 2 Answers ]

An individual is hired at a job while in a work release center and is placed on probation with the requirement to have a job. If this person is fired from their job, must the employer contact anyone legally? I would greatly appreciate any help that can be offered on this. Thanks!

Probation [ 5 Answers ]

Can probation be imposed for a nonincarcerable offense?

Fair Trial? And Probation question... [ 4 Answers ]

I have a few questions about a misdemeanor criminal case I recently witnessed. If the defendant was given a court appointed attorney, and the defendant requested a jury trial, and requested phone records to be subpoenaed, and received neither... is that grounds for an appeal? Also, if someone...

View more questions Search