Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jahfred Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Carrier 16 Seer infinity split system heat pump
    I live in the Leesburg, Florida area(outskirts of Orlando, Florida) and is considering using tthree ( 2, 3, and 4 ton) Carrier 16 SEER infinity series heat pumps in a new construction. Can anyone provide a breakdown of the average cost of each condenser (25HNA6... ), fan coil (FE4) and infinity controller?

Jahfred
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 07:20 PM
    The salesperson/installer /contracter should be able to answer your questions,if not he should find out,, if not,, you may need to consider another installer
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Add the amps used by each of the three units, multiply this number by 240 ( for the voltage ) this will give you the watts per hour. Then find out from your electric provider the charge per kilowatt hour. Then it will be up to you to determine how many hours you will run the units per month to find out the monthly bill, just for the units.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Of course I forgot to add the city and state, county and federal taxes, and then I am sure there will be a Fuel adjustment charge.

Aug 8, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    Add the amps used by each of the three units, multiply this number by 240 ( for the voltage ) this will give you the watts per hour. Then find out from your electric provider the charge per kilowatt hour. Then it will be up to you to determine how many hours you will run the units per month to find out the monthly bill, just for the units.
    Thanks for this information. However, I am actually interested in the price of the actual systems.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 8, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Thanks for this information. However, I am actually interested in the price of the actual systems

Sorry but there is no way we can give you a price on the system requirements for your home.Equipment and labor costs change depending upon where you live in the USA.

My recommendation is to call 2 or 3 local contractors and get estimates. This way it will be accurate.

Aug 10, 2008, 11:16 PM
    At the present point in the process, I am merely interested in a ballpark figure to aid in the decision making process. Particularly, what is the price - not including labor - of the FE4ANF003 and FE4ANB006 carrier infinity series air handlers? A ballpark figure would be greatly appreciated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 11, 2008, 06:28 AM
    My recommendation is to call 2 or 3 local contractors and get estimates. This way it will be accurate

Unless you are a Carrier dealer you cannot get a price. A Carrier dealer will not post a price here. There is no such thing as a ball park price. SEE above.

Sorry but that is the way it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C Repair or replace? SEER 12 or 19? A/C or Heat Pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Have you ever studied up on something, and the more information you got, the more confused you became? That's where I am on an air conditioning problem I have. Here's the story: We recently bought an eleven year old home we plan to stay in the rest of our lives (20 years or more). This past...

Carrier 10 SEER split system heat pump, Model 38YCC [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old Carrier 10 SEER split System Heat Pump, Model 38YCC. I asked the local Carrier Installer whether it is a single stage or multi-stage unit, so I can buy a new programmable thermostat appropriate for my unit. The Carrier installer rep I spoke with said it's a multi-stage unit,...

Carrier Infinity System - installation cost [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning to replace my unreliable AC system with a Carrier Infinity system, furnace (120k BTU), AC/heat pump up to 19 SEER, 4 zone manifold with modulating dampers, 4 zone controller, fan powered humidification, high eff. Filteration, UV lights. The overall installation cost is quoted as $18k....

Sparks seen in split system heat pump [ 2 Answers ]

The problem presented itself when the fuse blew 3mo ago that was connected to our TRANE split system heat pump TWR030C100A0 on 3 separate occasions. We flipped the breakerand everything switched back on and held for weeks at a time. This last time it would not stay on. We replaced the fuse and...

Carrier split - heat burners cycle on and off [ 7 Answers ]

Carrier split unit in heat mode appears to basically operate OK. Once the pilot is lit and the burners come on, the pilot remains lit but the burners will intermittently cycle on and off. This appears to sometimes delay the blower from turning on. Once the blower turns on, it heats to the set temp...

View more questions Search